Need help diagnosing a problem with Mobo/CPU at Lamington Road

viraj071

Disciple
Hi,

I am facing a boot loop issue with my motherboard but am not sure if the motherboard or the CPU is faulty. Is there a shop at Lamington Road that might help me diagnose the problem?

FYI, I have an Intel i5 and Gigabyte Z68XP UD4.

No need to visit the shop for diagnose the problem
since AFAIK i have assembled many pc since i am sure it is your motherboard fail rate so, it is better to invest new board H61 OR B75 board with your old processor i5 2500

so better not to waste time for repair the motherboard will not help and cannot handle reliable and stable work due to poor VFM connect

Thanks for your reply. I too feel its the motherboard but don't want to get a new motherboard and then realize that the problem still exists.

CPU are almost never faulty. Generally its PSU, mobo or RAM. For RAM try resseating, blowing air, different slots. For mobo there is a PCI diagnostic card that may help in certain situations. Can't be sure. I bought one, but never had to use it. On some occassions it can be other components as well. Disconnecting all non-esstential parts including cables like one connecting usb is recommended.

Back