PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

I tried JFA but couldnt find any good High back leather chairs over there.. rest of the shops mentioned i wasnt able to find (probably bit short of time i was)
Checked Hitech furnitures seemed to have good collection but little expensive than i expected with added wooden design/touch

Recommend me any good shops to buy a comfortable chair from in Bangalore. Not looking for good looking options, but the ones with functional design to make it easy on the back.

I tried JFA but couldnt find any good High back leather chairs over there.. rest of the shops mentioned i wasnt able to find (probably bit short of time i was)
Checked Hitech furnitures seemed to have good collection but little expensive than i expected with added wooden design/touch

Also check out DAMRO, think they have a showroom in Kodambakkam, you will also get cheap stuff in Royapettah (next to Pilot theater), but I suggest you invest in a good chair, as this has to do with lumbar support, and a few extra thousand would definitely be worth in the long run.

http://damroindia.com/office_chair.html

Edit - Let me know if you find anything interesting, I am looking to buy one too, may be we can get a better deal.

FWIW, this is the one I got: http://www.featherliteindia.com/product-gallery.html/executive-chairs/11926.htm

Very comfortable for anyone of minimum 5'6" height (lowest seating position little high for shorter people). Adjustable everything, I got it due to a bad back problem and am able to sit for longer than 30 mins (my normal sitting limit).

Little pricier than I was expecting,but much more comfy than the Godrej Interio offerings. Set me back ~13k.

@cranky You bought the Executive Chair - Optima for 13k?

It is out of my budget range, but if it is really good, then I am ready to invest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, what? No, not the Optima, that's 25k IINM. I linked to the Ergon, the 13k version is the full-fat unit with the headrest (it looks goofy in the pics, in real life it's more sane).

The Pinnacle is the one I wanted after seeing the site, but that's ~40k.

A good chair is not an investment - it's indispensable. I had a cheap 3k chair that I was using for about 10 years, and only after getting into this I realise how much difference a good chair makes. If I want to, I could spend about 6-7 hours in this chair (with breaks every 30 minutes) no problem. I can't do a lazyboy longer than an hour, and a normal chair max 40 minutes. I needed a footrest when I started using the chair, such was the state of my back that I couldn't sit bolt upright at all, but now with a few months of physio I can manage without.

OTOH, my T-Jet offers a fantastic seat in which I can drive for 30-45 minutes on a good day without any discomfort.

Seems a bit costly, but if I can't find it elsewhere in Bangalore, then this is the option to choose. Any other shops in Bangalore where I can try my luck?

Ummm, what? No, not the Optima, that's 25k IINM. I linked to the Ergon, the 13k version is the full-fat unit with the headrest (it looks goofy in the pics, in real life it's more sane).

The Pinnacle is the one I wanted after seeing the site, but that's ~40k.

A good chair is not an investment - it's indispensable. I had a cheap 3k chair that I was using for about 10 years, and only after getting into this I realise how much difference a good chair makes. If I want to, I could spend about 6-7 hours in this chair (with breaks every 30 minutes) no problem. I can't do a lazyboy longer than an hour, and a normal chair max 40 minutes. I needed a footrest when I started using the chair, such was the state of my back that I couldn't sit bolt upright at all, but now with a few months of physio I can manage without.

OTOH, my T-Jet offers a fantastic seat in which I can drive for 30-45 minutes on a good day without any discomfort.

I couldn't agree more, I made the same mistake while in school / college sitting for ages on a not so lumbar friendly chair, and have back issues, so please do spend on whatever necessary on a decent chair, also try not to sit for prolonged periods, get up get some water or whatever. I know its not easy when you are busy saving the world, but definitely make an effort.

@cranky - yes that chair looks awkward, what about an exec chair with cushioning?

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, this is the one I got: http://www.featherliteindia.com/product-gallery.html/executive-chairs/11926.htm

Very comfortable for anyone of minimum 5'6" height (lowest seating position little high for shorter people). Adjustable everything, I got it due to a bad back problem and am able to sit for longer than 30 mins (my normal sitting limit).

Little pricier than I was expecting,but much more comfy than the Godrej Interio offerings. Set me back ~13k.

Featherlite by Bajaj Innovations offer warranty on their chairs. After hectic negotiation I was able to get a discount of Rs.2500 on Optima :)

25k was a guess. I never asked for the price, so not really sure what it actually was. I pointed that out in that post itself. Sorry if that causes confusion.

Ergon with headrest - 13k

Pinnacle - 40k

Optima ???? Guessing 25k as it is between these two in product stack.

Does Staples in India not carry chairs? I have seen them carry decent options in the US.

If you are looking at spending 40k, you might as well look at the Herman Miller Aeron and Celle.

Seems a bit costly, but if I can't find it elsewhere in Bangalore, then this is the option to choose. Any other shops in Bangalore where I can try my luck?

Featherlite has loads of computer chairs. I got one for myself around a year ago. Still going strong.

I got the one in the middle for 12k. The other two were for 9k.

I have a Featherlite too. But its the one with the mesh back and not leather. Going just great. It cost me around 3.5k and its been like 3 years now.

Its the one in the middle.

CONTACT(1).jpg

Back