Need advice on creating Cool Looking Educational Site.

why do u think that ?
why??

I guess OP is not very good in coding and designing. So, WordPress can be a solid platform to get started.

I would still say no. Then again it depends on whole requirements. If it is just plain simple text & videos, Wordpress do. That would be a very boring site, but still it would do. However if he wants nice features like tracking students, performance analysis etc, Drupal is whole lot better than Wordpress.

Also its very bad to start with something just because its easy. I would first chose which is more better suited to my needs, which provides more value add to my visitors. Software Engineering 101. :p

I would still say no. Then again it depends on whole requirements. If it is just plain simple text & videos, Wordpress do. That would be a very boring site, but still it would do. However if he wants nice features like tracking students, performance analysis etc, Drupal is whole lot better than Wordpress.

Also its very bad to start with something just because its easy. I would first chose which is more better suited to my needs, which provides more value add to my visitors. Software Engineering 101. :p
What if the user wants to create class on say "Introductory Biology," or "Evolutionary Psychology 101"?

Should he invest his time in learning "Software Engineering 101" then? No, he should choose the easiest option that would suit his needs. Not every professional needs to learn web development; they all have their own unique expertise. That's where WordPress comes in, with its easy installation, wide range of themes and plugins, and lots of users to help you out. It will give all the features that one wants in an educational site like media management, tracking students, sharing, performance analysis, group projects, personal blogs, etc...

True, one does not need to learn SE101 for this. And can you share those plugins in Wordpress which can turn WP into a full fledged edu site ?

I may be wrong, so I will better reply OP replies here with his full requirements and what exactly he wants.

If it is just plain simple text & videos, Wordpress do. That would be a very boring site, but still it would do.
I will again disagree with you on this :)

WordPress sites can also look cool. Either use a premium (free / paid) theme, or develop your own custom theme.
Anything that you can add to enhance the look of your website can also be added to a WordPress theme (like slider, javascripts etc).

Saar, its not just about themes, its about features too. Getting a good plugin developed for Wp for pita compared to Drupal. (more costly if you get it done from someone else)

WordPress sites can also look cool. Either use a premium (free / paid) theme, or develop your own custom theme.
Anything that you can add to enhance the look of your website can also be added to a WordPress theme (like slider, javascripts etc).
And also, what I am saying is keeping edu site in mind. I am not generalizing. Which thing will add more value add to the student, a gallery plugin or a dashboard where he can track his performance ?

Saar, its not just about themes, its about features too. Getting a good plugin developed for Wp for pita compared to Drupal. (more costly if you get it done from someone else)
I guess we are not comparing WordPress and Drupal.
We are actually comparing CMS and own custom made.
(considering for a newbie who just want to start an educational niche website)

And also, what I am saying is keeping edu site in mind. I am not generalizing. Which thing will add more value add to the student, a gallery plugin or a dashboard where he can track his performance ?
I guess you have missed the OP requirements. Below I am quoting from OP post.
I want the site to be simple yet very attractive . It should be very light so no flash.
It would be great if its compatible with all the browsers . I have seen sites which looks good on specific browsers.

Seems interesting but i m looking for simple web based . I m more keen on developing eye catchy trendy site.
Not after so many features like forum ,blogs.

Back