Budget 15-20K Need a Phone that works in US

Discussion in 'Mobile Phone Buying Advice' started by sushil.mudgil, Feb 20, 2018.

1. sushil.mudgil

sushil.mudgil Member
    Disciple

Mates,

Off lately, I am traveling frequently to north america region. Everytime, i travel I carry my Moto G5 Plus India version and always struggles with mobile signals and 4 G data. I tried switching operators but to no avail. Finally on checking with operator, i was told that my phone is not compatible with 4 G network band on US region & accordingly was advised to buy anything in Apple Phones or Samsung Galaxy S7 series and Up. off cource they are beyond my budget .

I do not want to buy a phone in US for sure, hence looking for a all rounder which works well in both countries. Is there any other option in india under 20 K. I am a regular user and will use phone for normal tasks like whatsapp / Skype / outlook / calls etc. I do not play games and might listen to music on phone Once in blue moon.

My only requirement is a good screen with min 5.5" size, good camera most probably and a type C connector if possible.

2. nimod

nimod Well-Known Member
    Adept

blackberry priv.

sushil.mudgil likes this.
  3. vyral_143

vyral_143 Jarvis
    Section Mod

Galaxy S7 often goes near 23K in India on Flipkart. With card offers its another 1-2K off.

4. rkkaranrk

rkkaranrk Well-Known Member
    Veteran

Samsung slashed the price for S7 now it retails 22990/- its no more a offer price.

sushil.mudgil likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    sushil.mudgil

sushil.mudgil Member
    Disciple

S7 is on my radar as well but only problem is it's 5.1 " screen. that; s only think not helping this .

6. sun244

sun244 Member
    Disciple

Sushil, I am on same boat and looking for a phone with same requirements. What did you decide?

Thanks

7. vivek.krishnan

vivek.krishnan If you cant see the green dot, I'm offline :P
    Veteran

I heard that the Mi A1 has all the bands needed, you might want to look into that. However, you might have to get a used device.

8. chetansha

chetansha Well-Known Member
    Veteran

What's your budget
    S8 can be bought for $400 in USA ( gsm will work, not sure about cdma like Sprint and Verizon)

9. greenhorn

greenhorn Well-Known Member
    Veteran

I bought a moto X4, and that phone literally supports every US band (or any google fi certified phone)

vyral_143 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    sushil.mudgil

sushil.mudgil Member
    Disciple

sorry, I forget about this thread at all. So finally i went with Honor 8 Pro and i am happy with it. travelled once post purchase and 4 G worked as expected on T Mobile .