Budget 0-20k Need a PC for editing

pradeepg

Disciple
Require a Computer for Editing youtube videos :-
What is your budget?
  • 15-20K.
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  • I have a lenovo laptop
Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • none
Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • Total rig
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  • I wish to keep upgrading as on when i get money.
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
  • Local dealer. Would prefer buying the entire system from a single dealer for easier RMA.
Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
  • Maybe.
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
  • Video and photo Editing. I intend to use is very rigorously.

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  • No brand loyalty. But looking for a reliable manufacturer with good after sales service. Specially for things like mobo and PSU care more about reliability than cost.
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  • no..
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  2. what ever works within the budget.
Are you looking to overclock?
  • Maybe. i am not ruling out the possibility.
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
  • Windows 64 bit

I am not sure if you can build a decent rig capable of editing for 20K. Nevertheless, for 1080p video editing using Adobe Premier Pro, I can suggest the following:

AMD Build:
Component Name Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 31200 8000
Motherboard Cheapest B350 chipset 7000
RAM 2x8GB = 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 12000
PSU Seasonic M12II 520 6000
Case Any mid tower from Corsair, CM, Antec, NZXT etc. 3000-8000
SSD 250GB 8-10000
HDD 1TB WD Blue 4000-5000
Graphics Card GTX 1050/RX 560 8000-10000

Intel Build:
Name Price
Intel i3 8100 10000
Z370 motherboard greater than 13000
Rest of the components same as in AMD build

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 based rig myself and exporting a final cut of 1080p video of 30 minutes take about 8 - 10 minutes for me using Adobe Premier Pro. The above builds are much slower and will increase the time of exporting to about 30 -45 minutes.

It's impossible to build a rig that can handle rigorous video editing for 20k, since you'll need at least:
  • 8 (and preferably 16) gigs of RAM
  • a 4+ core processor
  • an entry level GPU
  • either a high capacity SSD or a low-cap SSD + HDD combo.
Your options are to either buy a new entry-level rig and just edit with that, or to buy used parts that are a couple of generations old. Probably better to buy a pre-owned rig with decent specs (2nd or 3rd gen Intel i5/i7).

An i3 7100 build will come to around 20k. 10k for monitor. So minimum is 30k. Cheaper if you buy off OLX etc.

i3 7100 + Msi h110 mobo with hdmi - 7.5+3.5k = 11k (Pick over ryzen cause much cheaper when you combine mobo+cpu. Get cpu from paytm)
Harddisk - 3.5k
DDR4 Ram 4gb - 3k
CAbinet with smps - 2.5k

Later you can add a GFX card. And even change the CPU+mobo to latest one. the i3 + mobo will fetch a decent price. The ddr4 ram etc will work with new one.

An i3 7100 build will come to around 20k. 10k for monitor. So minimum is 30k. Cheaper if you buy off OLX etc.

i3 7100 + Msi h110 mobo with hdmi - 7.5+3.5k = 11k (Pick over ryzen cause much cheaper when you combine mobo+cpu. Get cpu from paytm)
Harddisk - 3.5k
DDR4 Ram 4gb - 3k
CAbinet with smps - 2.5k

Later you can add a GFX card. And even change the CPU+mobo to latest one. the i3 + mobo will fetch a decent price. The ddr4 ram etc will work with new one.

1) 4GB RAM is useless
2) Which cabinet and SMPS come for 2500?

1) His budget restricts it. He can add more in a few months when he has money.
2) Plenty. You need to pick a reliable local brand.

1) He needs the system for editing videos, not watching
2) There is no such thing as a reliable local power supply unit

A more sensible advice to give to somebody is to wait till they have enough money to buy standard things, not to buy unreliable stuff just because they don't have money right now. You cannot buy a car till you have enough money to buy a car. Like, for everything else in life, money needs to be accumulated before spending.

A 4GB RAM PC will never let anybody edit even simple videos. It's worthwhile for OP to wait, accumulate a decent amount of money and then splurge instead of buying sub par PC that will not let him do anything. Spending 40000 is much better than burning 20000.

1) He needs the system for editing videos, not watching
2) There is no such thing as a reliable local power supply unit

A more sensible advice to give to somebody is to wait till they have enough money to buy standard things, not to buy unreliable stuff just because they don't have money right now. You cannot buy a car till you have enough money to buy a car. Like, for everything else in life, money needs to be accumulated before spending.

A 4GB RAM PC will never let anybody edit even simple videos. It's worthwhile for OP to wait, accumulate a decent amount of money and then splurge instead of buying sub par PC that will not let him do anything. Spending 40000 is much better than burning 20000.
I guess my 10, 2 and 1 yr old PCs running fine on local power supplies are just fictional then. lmao

A 4gb ram is enough till the time you can upgrade to 8gb. When you say that "A 4GB RAM PC will never let anybody edit even simple videos." It just tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about. Kthnxbai

I guess my 10, 2 and 1 yr old PCs running fine on local power supplies are just fictional then. lmao
Bro sure local power supplies can run PCs but the thing is that PSU is one component which shouldn't be skimped on. The good ones come with more robust capacitors which can sustain higher power loads for longer without overheating. Often when power supplies go bad they tends to take other components with them. Getting a good power supply is just a good insurance for prolonging your PCs life. And over the life of the PC, the difference in power efficiency will easily make up for the premium paid in form of your electricity bill.

Back