Budget 51-70k Need a laptop for video editing purpose

Hello TE, I need a laptop for video editing under Adobe Platform. Yes it should be HD. I prefer core i7 processor. Minimum 8gb of RAM. Is it better to go with SSD or 1 TB HDD? The battery life should be decent. Plz suggest me the best model in this range.

While main task is video editing, choice of i7 CPU is really the way to go. But usually at this segment, it comes with integrated graphics as well, meaning usually it is a gaming laptop. As for SSD or HDD, both has pros and cons, but technology wise, SSD is the trend as it's 10x faster than HDD and doesn't cost that much compared to 5-10 years ago. As such, choose wisely which one suits your needs as there are really so many choices available.

Having just done some video edits for personal use with Adobe Ae and Pr, you should go for a stock i7 quad core (not U series) laptop and upgrade it as follows

1. RAM - min 8GB.
2. Large SSD - About 1 minute of 1080p video took about 7GB of disk space to store and dunno about cache. Many times, disk I/O was lagging.

Ensure that the CPU, GPU and display are topnotch. The RAM and HDD should be upgradable. If you can get the ODD removed and a HDD put it, would be worth it. This way, you can get a smaller SSD.

Bro, you can get much better value for money in a desktop for such a demanding work as video editing, just my 2 cents

Back