Car & Bike My old Lancer getting a much needed overhaul

Amey

Disciple
Overhauling my lancer. Uploading a few pics, hope you guys find out the difference in there :p cos something ain't normal there ;)

Can't see the pics since I'm at the office but I do *smell* a different exhaust! So did you plonk the Cedia engine in there Amey? :D

Once everyone is done guessing, would you mind sharing the prices of the components, Amey?

Also, are you still planning to do any headwork on the engine?

thats's not all . is it

Why do you think so ??

Once everyone is done guessing, would you mind sharing the prices of the components, Amey?

Also, are you still planning to do any headwork on the engine?

What prices would you like to know ?
No headwork right now,not needed for what I have in mind.;)

I think I should spend some time at your garage assuming you have one. Will get to learn a lot of things right from the nuts and bolts of it. Heh, in fact I'd spent one at a local Maruti service centre at my hometown and boasted of it as an in-plant training. :lol: :p

Desecrator said:
I think I should spend some time at your garage assuming you have one. Will get to learn a lot of things right from the nuts and bolts of it. Heh, in fact I'd spent one at a local Maruti service centre at my hometown and boasted of it as an in-plant training. :lol: :p

I dont own a garage.It is being done at a friends garage. ;)

Some WIP pics till now along with parts received till date,

Chassis strengthening was done although it wasn't necessary. The car had never take a hit from the front or rear so chassis was intact but still considering the fact that the car is 10 years old, I thought it was better since there will be some fatigue over the 10 years.

Chassis member painted and ready to be mounted,

Head work completed,

3 Angle valve job done

Head shaved to a few microns for perfect fit and to check warpage.All good here :)

Blue printing done on both intake and exhaust ports.

First part arrive,

Intercooler mounting being prepared,

Engine bay being prepared for painting,

Engine bay painting completed,

Another consignement arrives,

Connecting rod bearings,main bearings,valve seals,

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Continued...

Stock ECU,wiring loom,High pressure fuel pump,Billet aluminium high pressure fuel rail arrives,

H-beam forged connecting rods, forged pistons,Standalone ECU kit, Wideband controller+sensor kit arrives,

Engine being plonked in for further work,

The most major and expensive part arrives :D

Mitsubishi TD05 16G Turbo with 10.5T turbine(Hot side) housing :)

Thats all for now.Will update as and when things move forward. Still a long way to go :)

Update :

After months of waiting for parts and modifying stuff to fit,we managed to start the engine for the first time after nearly 4 months since this project started.
I can understand if its not a big deal for many but it surely is for me because I am not used to doing such projects.
Engine fired with new billet fuel rail, AEM adjustable FPR but with stock injectors. Currently the engine is in stock form. Will make her roadworthy first then a bit reliable and then proceed with the next set of modifications.
Tomorrow its time time for Radiator + Block water jacket flushing and refilling coolant, brake+clutch oil draining and refilling, fitting AC Compressor+PS Pump belt, etc.

Have taken a small video.

YouTube - Engine first start

^^ Wow..... Congrats mate......

Nothing like hearing ones beast coming to life......

Wanting this to continue in full swing...... All the best.

Thanks man :)
It has been a long journey till now and an equally long journey awaits me :D but no regrets, its awesome fun.
As they say the fun is in the journey and not in the destination.

After waiting for 4 months, the car is finally back on the road.
We did drive her a couple of times in the garage itself, sorting out minor issues but now she is properly on the road, already drove around 100-120 kms and boy I am already loving it!

A small video when we first started the engine, :)
YouTube - Engine first start

Here are a few pics,

Engine bay after completing engine swap in all respects,

Custom made MAF sensor to Air Filter adapter.The filters have round mouth and the sensor has a square one...Arrgh :mad:

UCAL/Mikuni Fuel Filter from Maruti 800..Lol :p

Look at my innovative battery bracket! :rofl:

Still on Michelin XM1+ 165/80/R13 tyres. :ashamed:

She comes home after a looooong time. Home sweet home :)

Initial impressions: She is quick, very torquey and eager.Thanks to the TDM ECU, she revvs right upto 7k rpm (more but havent pushed yet). The intake note is pretty aggressive. Still on stock headers and remaining plumbing till end can is still the old one.
On Monday I should get the exhaust done after the headers as current one is pretty restrictive. That should help a lot.
Very silent and sedate at normal speeds and rpm but things start getting interesting past 3k rpm mark and after 5k rpm its transforms into some sort of a beast, with its deafening growl and a scary sprint.
Loving every bit of it. There are still a few niggling issues but the joy of driving her is far more overpowering.

Still a long way to go,I know but then this is sort of a major stage completed.

Body/Chassis of a diesel lancer + Loom from a non power window Lancer with 4G93 engine + 4G94 engine from an indian Cedia
So it wasnt exactly a straightforward job atleast for us since me or my friend, Abhijit have no experience of doing engine swaps. Removing engines for rebuilding, removing looms and dismantling cars for painting or body work is no big deal for him but this is the first time he did such a job.

That's why it is a big achievement atleast for us to have accomplished till here. A good morale boost for the work to be done in the future.

Unfortunately I have no video but will take one and post it pretty soon.

Thanks,
Amey

Got a ride yesterday, crazzzzzzzzzyyyyyy!!! fast and scary as hell, will be a nightmare after all the mods are done :Car1:
but still a long way to go before you can catch up with my octa turbo yezdi :bleh:

Very cool job there.....

I think u should stop calling it a 'she'....... it is more of a 'he' now........!!!

Lolzzz :D

Back