iOS My iPhone 8 Plus not charging up to 100 %. Is this normal?`

Zaibatsu

Disciple
My brand new iPhone 8 Plus which I got from Amazon is not charging up to 100 %. Is this normal? It's just 1 day since I'm using it. And Amazon doesn't have a replacement policy for Apple iPhones. If I take it to the service centre, will they replace it for me?

My brand new iPhone 8 Plus which I got from Amazon is not charging up to 100 %. Is this normal? It's just 1 day since I'm using it. And Amazon doesn't have a replacement policy for Apple iPhones. If I take it to the service centre, will they replace it for me?
Does it stops at 80% ?

Format it and charge it again, Also you sure Amazon does not alow replacement on Iphone, Afaik they replace any phone with in 10 days time from delivery.

Does it stops at 80% ?

Format it and charge it again, Also you sure Amazon does not alow replacement on Iphone, Afaik they replace any phone with in 10 days time from delivery.

They have an exception for Apple iPhones in their replacement policy. It's clearly mentioned in 'Fulfilled by Amazon' :(

I'm getting this message while trying to return the phone

"
How can we resolve it?
Talk to an expert
To replace missing or damaged parts or troubleshoot technical issues, use the contact info below.

See manufacturer contact info"

And yes it stops at 87 % after overnight charging and repeated daytime charging attempts

They have an exception for Apple iPhones in their replacement policy. It's clearly mentioned in 'Fulfilled by Amazon' :(

I'm getting this message while trying to return the phone

"
How can we resolve it?
Talk to an expert
To replace missing or damaged parts or troubleshoot technical issues, use the contact info below.

See manufacturer contact info"

And yes it stops at 87 % after overnight charging and repeated daytime charging attempts
Just format the phone and drain it till 0% and charge it again should solve the problem if not get in touch with Amazon or the Apple SC.

May be some apple update have restricted charging only.upto 90 cent so as to prevent damage to battery and extend battery life.
I too have such option in my Android phone where I'm unable to charge it beyond 90 cent unless i disable that specific setting.
Edit: Charging beyond 90 is slower and even if done till 100 it depletes faster and stabilises@ 85 mark.

Last edited:
May be some apple update have restricted charging only.upto 90 cent so as to prevent damage to battery and extend battery life.
I too have such option in my Android phone where I'm unable to charge it beyond 90 cent unless i disable that specific setting.
all phones i guess have hardware auto cutoff to prevent overcharging.

Its also software dependent. Only after marshmallow i got that limitation.
90 % seems to be weird, these can happen on below condition,
1. Replacement of battery & didn’t do a proper first cycle charge
2. Battery issue
3. Software issue

The displayed resultant charge level depend on both Hardware & software!!

I forgot my iPhone passcode today trying to fix the charging issue so I reset my iPhone to factory settings through iTunes. Earlier I was not able to receive verification codes from Tinder and another app. Now I'm receiving codes from both these apps. Now I'm testing if the 80 % stuck charging issue is fixed or not. Even set a stopwatch to confirm if it charges in time[DOUBLEPOST=1529682685][/DOUBLEPOST]It's stuck on 80 % for 45 mins. If I switch it off and then restart, the charge increase by 3 %

Last edited:
I went to Apple Authorised Service Centre today. They said my phone is perfectly fine. However they said if the slow charging problem persists they will replace me charging cable hand to hand on the next visit. But they didn't check the adapter. I asked them to check it, but without holding it in hand, they said adapter is fine

I went to Apple service Centre again today. They took my original charging cable and original adapter for evaluation. Also I found this thread on Apple community forums with exactly the same symptoms as mine. Please help me guys-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8348737

Hi Carolyn,

I have done it many time, After restaring the phone battery will increase % from 80% to 82% then it will be struck at 82%

One more thing, After that i unplug the phone and drain his battery approx 10 to 20% then plug-in again, Then phone charges complete 100% but charging time duration change as compare normal charge..

If i will not fully drain iphone battery then phone will take normal time of charging and never strick.

I didn’t get solid reason of this issue plz must inform me

Back