My ebay account suspended - I dont know why !!

strategy

Skilled
MY ebay acccount was suspended today. BUT I DONT KNOW WHY!!

i bought 3 items in last month, received all three exchanged feedback for all the items, sent one item back with 20% restocking fee.

i listed 1 item for sale yesterday, the fee was 0.00 , so i did not have to pay anything.
the item was bought. and paisapay confirmed reception .

listed another item today, but before it was sold my account was banned and the listing ended cause of it .

It says i have 0.00 dues so i guess the problem is something else here .

also, what happens of the item that got sold yesterday !! Should i send it to the buyer, as i am suspended i dont know if i will receive payment after he confirms reception. IF i send it will i receive payment? ( my account is suspended )

WHAT SHOULD I DO ! i am in trouble here please help.

i have sent a mail asking them the reason. but i dont know when they will reply , they still have not replied to my last message ( 2 days ago )

Since this is the first time you are selling stuff on eBay, you need to provide your Identity and Address proof to them! They are not very open on communicating the reasons for suspending anyones account, but I have a strong feeling that it's got to do with these proofs in your case! Contact them via chat or phone and ask the reason. If I am right, they would tell you the same thing which I told you. And yes, DO NOT ship the product until your suspension is revoked. You could send a mail to the buyer saying that you need few days before his stuff can be shipped.

for some reason i cant enter chat !

all i can do is send them mails, that i have sent already ! :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I jsut had a chat with the CC.

they gave me an email address to write to about my suspension.

and told me that my paisapay has also been put on hold cause of suspension ( so i will not ship the item )

I feel sad for the buyer , who paid immedeately after i listed the item.

i hope he understands .

lets see what happens.

ebay mostly bans account where there is a misuse of coupons etc/multiple accounts per person. They usualy dont give a reason why they ban, but usually what they look for must the the ip addresses and stuff.

with coupons arounds, i am sure there will be people who are tempted to get a free gift at ebay transaction cost. say at the moment usng coupon WELOVEU009, we can get a free 250 gb hdd. ebay will charge only about 600-700 bucks in all for listing the item and selling it. the user get the hdd effectively by using one id to sell and other to buy. now, the moment ebay can somehow detect it, it will go banning accounts. was the buyer in the same geographical area as you ? That might be on reason.

Pat said:
Since this is the first time you are selling stuff on eBay, you need to provide your Identity and Address proof to them! They are not very open on communicating the reasons for suspending anyones account, but I have a strong feeling that it's got to do with these proofs in your case! Contact them via chat or phone and ask the reason. If I am right, they would tell you the same thing which I told you. And yes, DO NOT ship the product until your suspension is revoked. You could send a mail to the buyer saying that you need few days before his stuff can be shipped.
When I sold my ipod (my 1st sale on ebay), ebay didn't ask me for any Identity and Address proof. I still have the same account. :S

Same here. I was not asked for id or address proof, when I did my first sale. So I don't think that would be the issue.

And BTW, with so many users being on shared IPs and dynamic IPs, will that be a basis for banning? The reason I ask this is, sometimes I log in to my account through my college connection, and there are at least 5 to 6 other colleagues who use ebay and who use the same connection. Am I at a risk of losing my account because of this?

@strategy: Contact the buyer and explain the situation and tell him to cancel the transaction. I believe this might take some time to resolve.

bitsandpieces said:
ebay mostly bans account where there is a misuse of coupons etc/multiple accounts per person. with coupons arounds, i am sure there will be people who are tempted to get a free gift at ebay transaction cost. say at the moment usng coupon WELOVEU009, we can get a free 250 gb hdd. ebay will charge only about 600-700 bucks in all for listing the item and selling it. the user get the hdd effectively by using one id to sell and other to buy. now, the moment ebay can somehow detect it, it will go banning accounts.
As OP mentioned that the buyer paid immediately after listing, ebay considered it as a probable fraud and banned the account. They might be thinking the purchase is done for redeeming gifts.

I guess, you have violated one of eBay rules and policies. Think about these possibilities....

1. Buyer and seller somehow have matching account information or past transaction history.

2. Multiple(>5) eBay account history for the sake of coupons.

3. Old suspended account's linked information.

Don't dispatch sold item under the suspended account.

The buyer is from, manglore , i am from chhattisgarh.
but yeah the my brother and the buyer talked on PM here, to list the item on ebay.

i listed the item on his behalf. the TE member bought it.

my brother has sent a message to hm on TE reporting the same issue, and has directed him to this thread so that he understands.

So yeah it was preplanned, but most of the deals that are listed on ebay (by TE members ) are preplanned here on TE, are they not ?!?

about the multiple IDs , i used a friends Ebay ID on my PC to buy a Fuze+ from GEB. is that the cause of this suspension ...the FUZE+ is still in transaction.

I use 2 different internet connections, an in all , these 2 internet connections hve been logged in to 3 bay accounts :

1. My ebay account .

2. M brother's ebay account

3. My friend's ebay account, which was used to buy Fuze+ on 23rd jan.

other than these 3 ebay accounts i have I/my bro. has never logged in to another ebay account.

I cannot comment about the multiple account issue as I only have one ebay account. :bleh:

But that seems to be the issue.

it was not my strategy , the buyer wanted the ebay listing so that he could get the HDD , i had nothing to gain with ebay listing ( besides the obvious, sale of product )

I am strategy's brother. i asked him to list the item on ebay.

strategy said:
The buyer is from, manglore , i am from chhattisgarh.
but yeah the my brother and the buyer talked on PM here, to list the item on ebay.
i listed the item on his behalf. the TE member bought it.

my brother has sent a message to hm on TE reporting the same issue, and has directed him to this thread so that he understands.

So yeah it was preplanned, but most of the deals that are listed on ebay (by TE members ) are preplanned here on TE, are they not ?!?
about the multiple IDs , i used a friends Ebay ID on my PC to buy a Fuze+ from GEB. is that the cause of this suspension ...the FUZE+ is still in transaction.

I use 2 different internet connections, an in all , these 2 internet connections hve been logged in to 3 bay accounts :
1. My ebay account .
2. M brother's ebay account
3. My friend's ebay account, which was used to buy Fuze+ on 23rd jan.

other than these 3 ebay accounts i have I/my bro. has never logged in to another ebay account.
Me and roomates(5 of us) use 7 accounts on ebay on same system since last 2 years...We have ordered at 12-13 items till now..including ebay gifts....Luckily we still don't have any problems....

ebay do not do anything with buyers, its the sellers who have to always keep an eye out for suspension, specially if there is multiple ID issue.

Back