Budget 21-30k Multi display trading setup

chiru

Disciple
Need multi display trading setup for a friend. Initially starting with 4-6 monitors he wants to scale to atleast 10 monitors using usb hub like Plugable. Planning to achieve 4-6 display setup via multi gpu so motherboard should house atleast 2 pci-e slots. Suggestions are most welcome.
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration
    • CPU - Intel Core i3 3220 LGA 1155
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA H61M S
    • GPU - Asus GeForce 210 Silent 1GB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping
    • Not sure what I can reuse. Need suggestions here.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU - Something that can drive 3 video outs (2 minimum)
    • Motherboard - One with two pci-express slots to get atleast 4 video outs
    • RAM - DDR3 8GB
    • PSU - Seasonic or Corsair with enough firepower
    • Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will add additional displays in future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Visakhapatnam
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Trading setup
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No games
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited:
Budget -29.3K

Intel Pentium G4400 -4500,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -2500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Antec VP450P -2500,
Antec GX200 -2500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 21.5" LED IPS -8500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -29,300.

Budget -29.3K

Intel Pentium G4400 -4500,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -2500,
Antec VP450P -2500,
Antec GX200 -2500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 21.5" LED IPS -8500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -29,300.

Thank you Sunil, is there a way some of existing hardware can be reused?

Also pls exclude monitor from budget because they will be procured in bulk. I'll edit main post with exact requirements

Thank you Sunil, is there a way some of existing hardware can be reused?

Also pls exclude monitor from budget because they will be procured in bulk. I'll edit main post with exact requirements
Budget -30.3K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte B150M-D3H -7000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -3500,
Seasonic S12II 430w -4500,
Antec GX200 -2500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -30,300.

LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8600.

Budget -30.3K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte B150M-D3H -7000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -3500,
Seasonic S12II 430w -4500,
Antec GX200 -2500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -30,300.

LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8600.

Will reuse current gpu, can you recommend a second one that wont draw too much from the Seasonic?

@chiru Which type of monitors are going to be procured ? Only HDMI or with display port ?

It will be mostly hdmi+dvi or just dvi. Haven't zeroed in on a brand yet, trying to keep costs down.

A simple method will be to set up a few raspberry pies to run linux and connect them to monitors. If all you want to run is a browser, to just see the trading info then this should work out fine. Should be cost effective and you can also make a cloud setup with the raspberry pies, in case you need a lot of processing power.

Do you want to replicate display or have multi display with different desktops, asking since replication can be done by just adding a vga splitter

Don't want replicas, think of it as a large wall display with multiple monitors

A simple method will be to set up a few raspberry pies to run linux and connect them to monitors. If all you want to run is a browser, to just see the trading info then this should work out fine. Should be cost effective and you can also make a cloud setup with the raspberry pies, in case you need a lot of processing power.

Is there an simple example of your proposed implementation? I'm not sure if Raspberry Pi's suffice my friend's needs

You can easily create 3 displays using any ddr3 gfx card and one you can get from the onboard display, for the rest you need to insert another gfx card and theoretically it should give you three more displays ( have not tried this though ) alternatively if ur monitors support it you can use display port to daisy chain upto three monitors

You can easily create 3 displays using any ddr3 gfx card and one you can get from the onboard display, for the rest you need to insert another gfx card and theoretically it should give you three more displays ( have not tried this though ) alternatively if ur monitors support it you can use display port to daisy chain upto three monitors

Is it possible to use onboard and external gpu simultaneously?

Generally dvi and analogue out puts are present in the card, since dvi and hdmi are both digital signals it may be the card is automatically giving preference to one source, you will probably have to fiddle around with the external gfx control panel to enable both digital signals

As far as using on board vga , you will have to enter setup in the bios and go to video adapter settings where you will find vga output menu , if an external card is present an option of 'both' or something to that effect will be displayed, you will need to enable and exit setup

Also don't plug in all connections at one go , connect and initialize one by one

In my experience I have run 3 monitors using onboard vga, ext gfx vga and ext hdmi vga, the pc was low spec , i3 2nd , 4 gigs and hd 5450 1gb , it ran pretty smooth

Also for multi display you also get specialized cards which support upto 8-10 displays

Tell your friend to do this , insert the card, enable dual gpu in bios restart with only onboard vga connected, once in desktop connect vga of ext gfx once that is detected then connect hdmi or dvi. All three displays should show up then go to desktop right click and navigate to display properties, you should see three monitors displayed, you can drag them as per the physical positions of your actual monitors once you apply your mouse can move seamlessly across the three

I have successfully tried this with three displays but I believe you can insert additional gfx cards and get desired results, hope the above clarifies things for you and do let me know if the multi gfx setup does work

Last edited by a moderator:
I have successfully tried this with three displays but I believe you can insert additional gfx cards and get desired results, hope the above clarifies things for you and do let me know if the multi gfx setup does work

Thanks for the detailed writeup, I will ask him to try it on current config and let you know the result

@manishbharech I helped my friend try what you suggested. His Bios had a setting called 'Init display first' which we set to 'igfx' so the system will look for a display connected to onboard vga. This worked but there was no signal from the graphic card. The setting had to be reverted to get signal on gpu.

Back