CPU/Mobo msi h110m pro-vh plus & Crucial Ram

Hello All

After following a thread on a economical build for a new PC for basic graphics works on Tech-enclave i ordered and got assembled the following.

msi h110m pro-vh plus socket lga 1151 motherboard
Crucial CT8G4DFS8213 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 288-Pin Desktop Memory
i3 7100
120GB SSD Kingston
The Cabinet and Power supply are generic and 450W (planning to change that into a better, coolermaster or antec soon)

The system is not posting and refusing to show display. I got the ram replaced as well through amazon as i suspect that it was not working properly. Can anybody help me with this? Is it some compatibility issue with the RAM

Hello Posting on this thread as i recently tried to make a rig using the config above. I got an msi h110m pro-vh plus socket lga 1151 motherboard & Crucial CT8G4DFS8213 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 288-Pin Desktop Memory

The system is not posting or showing display. Can anybody help?
The MSI mobo has leds to show which component is causing an issue.. ram etc.. Check the mobo material.

Which CPU? Check the display cord, processor seating. Try with another ram..

So you basically got the same thing I got. Great. The mobo has leds on it to detect which component is not working.. Try that using mobo manual /docs.

Check to see if the power supply turns on. Check if you have plugged in everything properly in the mobo. You should ideally disconnect all wires and reconnect to the mobo while following the mobo manual word by word..

Check if the display is working in plugged in properly too. Check if power cord is lose (Not kidding, happened to me, twice.. First time, it wasnt attached properly to the PSU, second time the one that goes into PSU wasnt attached..(my cabinet had attached psu))

ram has nothing to do with POST. No post = something wrong with power supply or bios. Are all cables attached properly to mobo including the 4 pin aux power to cpu?
reset bios or remove the cmos battery and try booting it. does the cpu fan turn on? check all these.

don't open multiple threads. you will get lost trying to figure out what is going wrong.

Answer this question. How many beeps do you hear when you switch on the computer?

Sorry to reply old thread... but may be useful for any one...

Check if you have fix Processor (along with Heatsink/FAN) properly....

Back