MS Word not capturing and pasting web images

ashish

Adept
I'm making some notes and while I'm trying to copy content from any webpage with image, only text is getting pasted in word document. This wasnt the case before.

My ms office 2013 didnt got updated nor did any settings. Observed this issue only today while working. Whereas the same is working just fine under in power point and excel.

Theres something surely wrong with word itself. Apart from this issue word is working properly.

Tried various browsers and same issue. The images are however getting pasted in MS Paint, ms excel, powerpoint and others but not in MS word.

But then pasting same images from these programs to word works well.

Any workaround will be greatly appreciated as I have to prepare some important notes. May be some tricky word settings into options of which I got no idea.

Tried one of the google solution by Resetting internet option settings in advanced settings but no luck.

This is how it is happening:

upload_2018-7-23_23-1-27.png

Last edited:
Check if your firewall is blocking MS Word access to the internet.

It's never a good idea to link an image directly in word, especially from the internet.

I'd suggest you download the image and then insert it in to the word document.

Dont know whats wrong with 2013 and 2015.
Re installing thrice as well did no good incl complete removal via office uninstaller tool from ms.

Reverted back to good old office 2010 and its working super awesome.

Great!! Office 0365 at times sucks abruptly for no reasons overnight.
I'm also using office 2007 and would say older office versions were way too rock solid than the newer weak and vulnerable variants.

Back