Mozilla firefox extensions bug certifications error!!

Discussion in 'Latest Technology News' started by nRiTeCh, May 5, 2019.

1. nRiTeCh

nRiTeCh If you can see the green dot, I'm online ;-)
    Veteran

Mozilla says that the issue is due to a certificate expiration, and that it's working to fix the issue. In a blog post, Mozilla says that it's identified the issue, and it's begun rolling out a fix for users. “The fix will be automatically applied in the background within the next few hours...

Read on...

Add-ons disabled or fail to install on Firefox
    (Redirected from Add-ons failing to install on Firefox)
    9:31am PST, Please do not delete your add-ons as an attempt to fix. You will lose any data related to the add-on.
    Disabled add-ons will not lose any data.

As of 8:13am PST, there is no fix available for Android. The team is working on it.

upload_2019-5-5_19-43-59.png

From FF team

FF Blog

So don't uninstall , disable or delete your existing FF addons/extensions as FF has screwed it automatically from their ends. It will be fixed automatically.
    Make sure the mentioned options are set to enabled to get it fixed!!
    [​IMG]

If you are still curious install the Hotfix manually from this link and all disabled add-ons etc are re-enabled once again.

#1 nRiTeCh, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    ashish and seshu like this.
  2. vivek.krishnan

vivek.krishnan If you cant see the green dot, I'm offline :P
    Veteran

Its fixed, was some cert issue. If you update FF would be solved I guess?

3. ?dOuBtFiRe?

?dOuBtFiRe? Well-Known Member
    Adept

Installing or upgrading to v 66.0.4 fixes the issue. Also make sure you upgrade the extensions after doing the ff upgrade.

4. Lord Nemesis

Lord Nemesis Overlord
    Veteran

Mozilla is lazy and careless but can't seem to stop whining about Google's increasing Monopoly in the market. They broke their entire Add on system by centralizing the Add on code signing process and then can't be bothered to keep the certs used in the code signing process updated when they expire. Think this already happened once some years ago and we see it happen again. They should be rightfully embarrassed about this.

5. OP
    OP
    nRiTeCh

nRiTeCh If you can see the green dot, I'm online ;-)
    Veteran

No need to upgrade extensions. Some wont work after update.