Motorola Bounce - SD810, 3GB, 5.43" QHD, 3760mAH - Shatterproof - Likely in December

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
So, Motorola seems to be on a roll. This new rumor (?) seems to trump everything else, with its amazing specs combined with a shatterproof design. Just a tad worried about the SD810 though. Compact, yet powerful and with a huge battery - WIN!

It seems that Motorola is working on a more powerful, more compact version of its current flagship, the Moto X Style. Codenamed Motorola Bounce, the new phone is reportedly set for a December unveiling.

It will have a 5.43" QHD screen (X Style is 5.7" QHD, X Play is 5.5" 1080p). It will also be powered by a Snapdragon 810 chipset (Style and Play are 808 and 615 respectively) that will be paired to 3GB of RAM and 32GB or 64GB of built-in storage.

The Motorola Bounce will allegedly come with Moto's 21MP camera (presumably with 2160p video) and a 5MP selfie camera. The whole thing is powered by a bigger battery, 3,760mAh (that's 760mAh more than the X Style).

A "shatterproof" label suggests a MIL-STD rating (IP ratings only measure dust and water resistance).

Source

Disappointed, SD 810?
Hopefully it's SD 810 v2.1.
Else, Another flagship is ruined much before it's launched..

All flagships that relied on Snapdragon for Chipset have been ruined. Samsung needed a very good reason to promote Exynos, they got it right this year.

Samsung needed a very good reason to promote Exynos, they got it right this year.
:p Yeah. And they got the latest Exynos 7420 absolutely right for the most part. SD820 is rumored to be just on par with the Exynos 7420, so Qualcomm has virtually lost one step.

On topic, I hope the Bounce is able to keep the SD 810 temperatures under control. AFAIK, SD 810 v2.1 isn't really a hardware change compared to v2.

Looks like it has 810 V2, battery size and rest of the specs look promising.

My experiences with Motorola have been pretty pathetic.
I bought moto Turbo on launch date from Flipkart, Lots of network connectivity issues, screen tinge, occasionally unresponsive etc. The battery inspite of 3900mah used to die second day, so needs to be charged daily ; same with S6 with 2500mah battery. I got a replacement from Flipkart but the second phone had all the same issues. On requesting, Flipkart gladly refunded.

Similar issues with Motorola E 4G, albeit moto X first Gen was a better experience of all.
With lenovo taking over Motorola I guess things seem less likely to improve.

Hopefully newer phones don't disappoint

Last edited:
My experiences with Motorola have been pretty pathetic.
I bought moto Turbo on launch date from Flipkart, Lots of network connectivity issues, screen tinge, occasionally unresponsive etc. The battery inspite of 3900mah used to die second day, so needs to be charged daily ; same with S6 with 2500mah battery. I got a replacement from Flipkart but the second phone had all the same issues. On requesting, Flipkart gladly refunded.

Read a lot of negative things about Turbo. Hopefully, Lenovo will start Company operated service centers for both Moto and lenovo, that would be good instead of relying on Some Shitty 3rd party SC.

My experience with moto g/e both first gen is quite good . Was planning to upgrade my s4 to either moto x2 or nexus 6 , should I buy either of them or wait for moto x play/style .
As s4 being full HD , I'm looking for Qhd screen now . Also 4g .

My experience with moto g/e both first gen is quite good . Was planning to upgrade my s4 to either moto x2 or nexus 6 , should I buy either of them or wait for moto x play/style .
As s4 being full HD , I'm looking for Qhd screen now . Also 4g .
nexus 6 has a lot of issues and x2 was againg. whats your budget, why not consider G4 or note4 or s6 which stays in 35-38k segment as you were looking for QHD display this is the best at price ratio.

Back