Moto G5 Plus to be Flipkart exclusive, launched on 15th March 2017

Guys, got the phone today, the picture quality of the camera seems to be very poor (at night with artificial lights). Will see how it performs under natural light.

Otherwise seems like a good phone, well build and good to hold.
Please post 1-2 samples here so we can look at it too.

Guys, got the phone today, the picture quality of the camera seems to be very poor (at night with artificial lights). Will see how it performs under natural light.
That's really disappointing. Camera was supposedly the selling point of this phone justifying the high price.

is there any official confirmation that this had the s7 camera module ? the specs look similar on paper but that can be there in other sensors as well.

That's really disappointing. Camera was supposedly the selling point of this phone justifying the high price.
Yeah that's also what I'm thinking right now. :x
While I don't usually take low light pics it will still be disappointing. Hope daylight photo is better to compensate for it.

is there any official confirmation that this had the s7 camera module ? the specs look similar on paper but that can be there in other sensors as well.
No it does not have the same.module nor the sensor. Pic quality is ok ok under low.lights. but the bokeh is awesome due to f/1.7 sensor.
I got.the phone, not too.impressed with the pic quality.

I guess it has the same camera module, but not the lenses? They too make up a lot of difference. Plus in G5+ vs S7 video, the G5 seemed more zoomed vs the S7

But you guys are also forgetting the build quality and vanilla android. What if the camera quality is similar to the RN4? Will you still go for the RN4? just curious.

If the camera quality is just at par with RN4, then G5 doesn't make much sense to me at least at the current price point.
Of course, vanilla android is an advantage and I personally hate MIUI, the fact that Moto has gone really bad at s/w updates under Lenovo makes it somewhat less attractive.

I canceled my G5 order, though I purchased it with SBI discount, 7k buyback guarantee, and extra 1500 exchange benefit. Somehow after placement of order they changed delivery date to 28th March for a Mumbai pincode in heart of city. Somehow I got the feeling that 17k price is not justified for this phone just for the hype surrounding the camera. I feel Lenovo Z2 plus at 15k/17.5k is a much better buy specially when it is currently available with 1500 SBI card discount. SD 625 can't match performance of SD650/SD652 and SD820 will be miles ahead. W

Back