Moto G5 Plus to be Flipkart exclusive, launched on 15th March 2017

@red-devil Yeah probably. Because honestly a significant price difference (4-5k) between the G4Plus and this might actually harm the sales of G5.

Does it have a hybrid sim slot? Hate that thing.
And yeah, I can't see the SBI offer on flipkart page.

I could swear I read that it has a dedicated MicroSD slot but you might wanna double check.

On the other hand, maybe this will cause the G4Plus pricing to go lower. That phone at 10-11k is an absolute steal.
Highly doubt it.

Does it have a hybrid sim slot? Hate that thing.
And yeah, I can't see the SBI offer on flipkart page.
Its dual SIM+dedicated. Reviews confirmed it.

so anyone staying up to order the phone?
Sold out quickly as usual as per the claims of twitteratis.

Anyone got any info on the SBI cashback? If it works it might change my mind.
And any word on the 4GB/64GB or are they going to release it later?

Anyone got any info on the SBI cashback? If it works it might change my mind.
And any word on the 4GB/64GB or are they going to release it later?

The SBI offer is valid only for 24 hr time period.

Offer Period: 16th Mar 2017 (00:00 hrs) to 16th Mar 2017 (23:59 hrs)

The sale started and went smoothly imo. Refreshed the page a couple of times to see the status change + site stability.
Added the phone to the cart. SBI card payment option offered instant discount of 10%.
Had to change the shipping address. Manually added a new one and placed the order at 12:01
The 16GB gold colored version was OOS by 12:24. Grey 16GB was still available for some decent time thereafter.

They restocked the 16GB models (8:15 AM)
As of now, no word on the G5 confirmation. Ditto for the 64GB version.

Last edited:
So with the 10% SBI cashback the 4GB/32GB can be had for 15300rs. Not so bad anymore I guess.
Colour options? Current status? Don't have flipkart app. :(
What are they planning to do with the 4GB/64GB variant? No news on this. Dammit. ~.~

From the initial previews that I read, the camera is not that great as was expected. So waiting for an in depth review makes sense but then the SBI offer is valid only for today which offsets the high launch price a bit.
So on paper at least (assuming the G5 camera isn't what people were expecting), RN4 is a better option for now with a better battery and more internal storage for the price. But the biggest drawback for it is the availability (flash sales suck).

Checked it last night at 1:30 and it was still in stock. Today morning again I checked around 8am and all variants were on sale and in stock. Nothing was sold out. Even now, all the Moto G5+ phones are available unlike the Redmi sales which end in seconds after opening.

That's great. So colours are black lunar gray and gold i assume? Might ask someone to get the 4GB/32GB for me.

Last edited:
Kudos to Moto for not going making it a "flash sale" drama..
Some people already trying to make a profit.. Idiots didn't even bother to check whether the stocks are available again or not.. The "Only exchange and no return" rule should teach them a lesson

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    172.8 KB · Views: 218
Okay got mine ordered. :D 4GB/32GB Lunar Grey. http://prnt.sc/eksbvc
wanted the 64gb but didn't want to take any risk and don't want to wait any longer.
Kudos to Moto for not going making it a "flash sale" drama..
+this so much.
Ordered mine for Rs 15100 after exchange(Got 2k for Moto G 2nd gen). But it will reach by the 20th March.
I feel 2k is a bit low but you got a hassle-free deal so not so bad.

In Transit:Your Moto G5 Plus (Lunar Gr... with order id ODxxxx is on track and will be shipped soon. The item will reach you by Wednesday, 22 Mar'17. Track your order here http://fkrt.it/
so what the heck does this mean?
Someone I know who live in WB (I think) had already got his orders on Friday, his orders were made on the launch midnight and mine was placed the next day all within 24hrs. I used a Bangalore address and my order needs to reach it by March 23rd.
Did anyone here order it? Update please. Thanks.

Guys, got the phone today, the picture quality of the camera seems to be very poor (at night with artificial lights). Will see how it performs under natural light.

Otherwise seems like a good phone, well build and good to hold.

Did anyone here order it? Update please. Thanks.

Delivered on saturday morning at a Gurgaon address.

the picture quality of the camera seems to be very poor (at night with artificial lights).

One of the big reasons I didn't suggested this phone's 17k version, and was adamant that it should be purchased with the 10% discount. Closer to 12-13k is what sounds justified for a phone with that kinda camera. (Lenovo brand takes sheen off as well)

Missing Laser Autofocus and OIS is understandable, but low light photography taking a hit, after having camera system from S7 + missing compass sensor.. really disappointing.

Back