Moto G5 Plus to be Flipkart exclusive, launched on 15th March 2017

02.jpg

Buy back guarantee of upto 7000/- if upgrading within 6-8 months I think.

They were saying something different all the time and the only difference I saw was the low light camera and the gestures. NFC and FM radio were mentioned in details too. All in all the design looks like any other old moto phone that came out. Same rounded curved body but instead of plastic they made it into aluminum this time. I guess the higher price is because of the metal used instead of plastic.

All the presentations and videos looked like they were made for Brazil to me.

Pricing is on higher side considering Redmi Note 4 4gb/64gb priced at 13k. 4k premium for camera is not justified IMHO specially when you have smaller screen and lower flash (32gb) as well. The pricing is off by 1.5k to 2k.

The bootup animation this time round is horrible.

Btw, what do people here think about the pricing?
Comparing it against the Note 4 4GB/64GB which is available for 12999rs its tricky for me.
I do think that the 16GB of storage in 2017 is ridiculous. 32GB should be minimum nowadays. Maybe if the 3GB/32GB cost 13999rs it will make sense but 3GB/16GB for 14999rs is way too high. If I had a budget of 14k I would go for the Note 4 4GB/64GB assuming its in stock lmao.
I like this G5+, I just don't like the pricing.

do apps get installed in sd card ? it has expansion option for the 16 gb version.
Not all apps. And moving to SDcard won't help much either. So its not for people who have lots of apps. I assume you already know this but once the free storage hits a threshold you'll not even be able to update your apps anymore.
16GB storage is for basic users. Try to get the 64GB if there's any. Speaking from experience. >_>

@Spacescreamer I didn't see the launch video. Did they have a new boot up animation? I really loved the old one. it was awesome. :(

I saw the bootup screen on another forum @iPwnz. It really makes one look away while the phone is powering up. :dead: :banghead:

The earlier video posted here, which showed the comparison betwn S7 and G5+ camera performance, the comment section mentioned one of the Portuguese native mentioning how the lamp posts had a yellow light, and the Galaxy S7 turned it into peach/pinkish in hue. Lack of OIS def is a sore point here, given the very capable h/w at hands.

Last edited:
That new boot up video... LOLnovo
btw check out the replies their tweet here :D
Time to #uncompromise with the new #motog5plus.
On sale at 11:59 PM tonight, only on @Flipkart. Starting Rs 14,999… https://t.co/EBdYrhbMjz

Last edited:
I saw the bootup screen on another forum @iPwnz. It really makes one look away while the phone is powering up. :dead: :banghead:

The earlier video posted here, which showed the comparison betwn S7 and G5+ camera performance, the comment section mentioned one of the Portuguese native mentioning how the lamp posts had a yellow light, and the Galaxy S7 turned it into peach/pinkish in hue. Lack of OIS def is a sore point here, given the very capable h/w at hands.
They boot screen might induce seizures to some.

As per the NDTV review,

The handset gets pretty hot during prolonged GPS usage.
I am guessing the same would be the case while shooting the videos.
Day time photography is not carrying the expected WOW factor.
The low light photography is not impressive either.
There is no notification LED :mad:
The boot animation + moto branding/bezels :shifty:
A case is a must as the cam lens is bound to get scratched

Disappointing tbh.

Last edited:
How much does the lack of a magnetometer affect turn by turn navigation? One of my primary uses is GPS navigation

Not much, once you start moving GPS accounts for your orientation, it's just not as quick or in realtime as it would be in a phone with a compass.

When you're on foot the lack of compass becomes very evident since you're moving much slower. But in a car with your phone cradled or docked it makes no difference.

So hiking or trekking with a phone with no compass would suck if you need to get your bearings quickly.

Boot animation sounds can be muted in the settings, so the phone can boot silently, but you can't get rid of the animations unless you install a custom rom.

Any launch offers? I had read about some buyback scheme from flipkart.

It's a buyback guarantee only on the G5 plus for 7k afaik and it has to be within 6-8 months of the purchase. I think you might get a better price outside reselling it, if you're interested in upgrading to a newer phone.

At this pricing they are in direct competition with Samsung On Nxt (17k) and Samsung J7 Prime (16k). Both offer 3gb RAM with FullHD 5.5" screen. Don't know how good this phone sells on the basis of camera.

Pricing seems off by 1 or 2k. Probably will get corrected (like the markers) in a month or so.
Definitely not something that should keep people awake until midnight to order although I'm pretty sure they will claim "sold out" within the hour.

That pricing is really disappointing. Both of them are overpriced by about 3000Rs.

On the other hand, maybe this will cause the G4Plus pricing to go lower. That phone at 10-11k is an absolute steal.

That pricing is really disappointing. Both of them are overpriced by about 3000Rs.

On the other hand, maybe this will cause the G4Plus pricing to go lower. That phone at 10-11k is an absolute steal.

I doubt G4 pricing will go down. They would want to milk it as much as possible.

I will buy this today the 16gb one. The cam is better than the samsung j7/on series and phone looks okay for under15k. i cant see the sbi 10% off offer on the phone page though without which it is too expensive. Buying on the premise the cam will be as good as Op3 atleast and screen quality will be good. Any reason to not buy this ?

Last edited:
Back