Moto G5 Plus to be Flipkart exclusive, launched on 15th March 2017

6pack

ex-Mod
Source: NDTV Gadgets

The newly unveiled Moto G5 Plus smartphone is set to launch in India on March 15, bringing competition to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, which is dominating the sub-Rs. 15,000 segment presently. Flipkart has told Gadgets 360 that the new Moto G5 Plus will be available exclusively to the e-commerce site, something that the startup has already started teasing on social media. More importantly, we have has learned that the Moto G5 Plus India release date will also be March 15, same as its launch.
Moto G5 Plus India launch date
The source also revealed while a March 15 release date is being considered for the Moto G5 Plus' availability in India via Flipkart, a final decision has yet to be taken by both the brands.

For pricing, the Moto G5 Plus was launched at $229 (roughly Rs. 15,300) for the 2GB of RAM with 32GB storage model, and EUR 279 (roughly Rs. 19,700) for the 3GB of RAM with 32GB storage variant. The price of the 4GB of RAM with 64GB storage Moto G5 Plus variant was not announced at MWC 2017.

Specs:
Display - 5.20-inch
Resolution - 1080x1920 pixels
Processor - 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625
Front Camera - 5-megapixel
Rear Camera - 12-megapixel
OS - Android 7.0
RAM - 2/3/4 GB
Storage - 16/32/64 GB
Battery Capacity - 3000mAh

Price: Motorola Moto G5 Plus (32GB, 2GB RAM) @ Rs. 15,300 on FlipKart

Some additional videos

G5 features:

G5Plus hands on by Engadget

Youtube Live Stream link for 15th March 2017 at 12:15 pm onwards for phone unveiling:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder why the specs don't mention NFC in it. According to Engadget and other hands on videos, most of them mention NFC for rest of world and no NFC for the US. NFC = Android pay support. I wonder if India is also left out together with the USA since Android Pay is not strong here. Price looks bit on higher side considering its going up against the Redmi Note 4 which is available for 64GB/4GB Ram for 1K less.

Last edited:
size wise its nearly same as op3t and other 5.5 inch models due to the big bezels. no benefits of being 5.2 inch screen when the phone itself is too big.

Not confirmed, but looks real cause somehow NDTV link must be pulling the price off FK.
They have converted the launch price in USD ($229) to INR. Pricing starts at $229 for the 2GB/32GB storage version (in America), and at €279 for the 3GB/32GB storage model (in Europe).

I wonder how they will price this with the Note 4 wreaking havoc in its price segment. I held back my Note 4 purchase just because of this. 15k for a 2GB RAM phone is really high. They should just drop the G4/+ pricing already. No way am I paying 15k.
Note 4 4GB/64GB Vs G5+ 4GB/64GB. Damn.

Camera is really amazing. :O
Not low-light which I never bothered to check. >_>

Last edited:
G7 camera looks more natural. Exposure is low in it though.
The Moto camera looks like it's having a greenish tint.

Back