Moto E 2nd Gen. launched

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
The much awaited Moto E 2nd Gen has been launched. There will be two different variants, one standard 3G and the other LTE model.
NOTE: The specs and the price of the new Moto E's to be launched here in India have not been confirmed by Flipkart yet. (27th Feb 5pm update)

The new Moto E (Gen 2) and Moto E (Gen 2) LTE run Android 5.0 Lollipop out-of-the-box. Both the variants support single-SIM and are identical in terms of specifications, except that the 3G variant Moto E (Gen 2) packs a quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 SoC (with Adreno 302) whereas the Moto E (Gen 2) LTE features a 64-bit quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC (with Adreno 306). Both feature 1GB of RAM.
The unlocked 3G variant Moto E (Gen 2) is priced at $119.99 (approximately Rs. 7,400) and Moto E (Gen 2) LTE at $149.99 (approximately Rs. 9,200).

SPECS:
Format- Standard 3G Moto E | Moto E LTE
Processor: Quad core 1.2GHz
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 | 410
RAM: 1GB
Internal storage: 8GB (upto 32GB)
Screen size: 4.50" (original Moto E: 4.3")
Touchscreen type: Capacitive
Resolution: 540x960 pixels, 245 PPI (original Moto E: 256 PPI), 16M Colors
Expandable storage Yes
Rear camera: 5-megapixel, with Flash
Front camera: 0.3-megapixel (original Moto E: none)
Operating System: Android 5.0 (original Moto E: 4.4)
Battery capacity (mAh): Removable 2390 (original Moto E: non-removable 1980 mAh battery)
Untitled.jpg

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...d-50-lollipop-and-lte-variant-launched-664519

motorola_moto_e_gen2_official.jpg
motorola_moto_e_gen2_press.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't the original E have dual front facing speakers ?

Specs wise looks like a minor upgrade, hopefully this will retain the awesome battery life the original e had.

Why the loss of wi-fi direct with the latest one ? they went cheap on the wifi chip..hmm

Last edited:
Things I like about the new Moto E: better battery. and front camera (i guess).
Things I don't like about the new Moto E: 1. Single SIM (i saw it only now, dual sim is like a must-have feature for me). 2. Same old Snapdragon 200. I was expecting the 410 even on the standard 3G variant. But then again it would come at a cost.
Neutral: display size, display pixel density and newer android version. I don't mind any of these.

What annoys me with followups to these budget devices is they upgrade one thing and take away something else. This is a distinct trend i've noticed with a few companies now. Throw in some marketing, an os upgrade and hope people assume newer = better and you made the sale (!)

So its 2 steps forward and one step back. Is this a worthy upgrade over the predecessor. If you need dual sim. clearly no.

Who buys dual sim ? mostly those in developing markets. dual sim isn't required in other markets and neither is this device.

Who buys dual sim ? mostly those in developing markets. dual sim isn't required in other markets and neither is this device.
This might go OT but whatever. Rumor (i don't remember from where i heard about this) has it that "international" 1+1 and "Indian" 1+1 have different quality. Again I'm not sure how correct this is or if the end-user can distinguish (which I assume will need an in-depth interior check which no one may be willing to do) the difference in quality (if any) but since 1+1 will already have'd a different OS (during the whole CM, Micromax fiasco) i think they could've made some changes. Sure it may be very troublesome for them but when you look at the long run it would've been a lot better. They know that India is a developing country and they also interact regularly with their fans, they should've known that a dual-sim was a very much needed feature. I'm not sure how they missed this or if they ignored it simply to cut costs. Because fact is we cannot live with a single sim card here in India unless you stay put at one location. for eg. I have 3 SIMs right now- a vodafone, airtel and aircel. Vodafone has a good network here and its 3G is the best but expensive plans. Airtel has cheaper plans but average network. Aircel has cheap plans but poor network but its my main number. Anyway I cannot imagine carrying a single operator SIM with me because of network issues and since i travel often all the more reason for me to carry a back-up operator. Sure we have mobile number portability but are you going to change your operator every time you travel back and forth? Buying the 1+1 would mean i need to carry another phone. Cannot avoid this.

TL; DR: DUAL-SIM IS A MUST HAVE FEATURE FOR ANY SMARTPHONE!
btw go sleep dude.

Ps: please dont mind the many brackets.

Last edited:
I am a bit confused regarding the specs of the Moto E (2015). Does the 3G version have the older processor and the LTE version has the Snapdragon 410? Or do both have the same processor!

I am a bit confused regarding the specs of the Moto E (2015). Does the 3G version have the older processor and the LTE version has the Snapdragon 410? Or do both have the same processor!
Only the LTE version has the 410.
Old Moto E: Snapdragon 200
New Moto E 3G: Snapdragon 200
New Moto E LTE: Snapdragon 410

I want the 3g model in flipkart for old 5999 price and I am in! I wanted a spare phone anyways :)
Are you talking about the 1st Gen or this upcoming 2nd Gen? In any case there should be a sale just before/when the new Moto E arrive. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
I hope there will be an exchange offer. I want to replace my sister's old Moto E with the new one. She's a sucker for secondary front camera lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1424976687][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does anyone know when it would be available on Flipkart for sale?
Flipkart just replied "No concrete update shared on this. Do keep a look out."[DOUBLEPOST=1425034523][/DOUBLEPOST]New Moto E for 6999.
But there's a little confusion here regarding the chipset. Digit says even the 3G comes with the Snapdragon 410SoC.

http://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/moto-e-second-gen-3g-version-to-launch-at-rs-6999-25416.html

Just another edit. "Afraid, we're yet to receive any concrete details on this to share it here. Sorry!", "As informed earlier, no update on this at the moment. Sorry!".
Apparently neither the specs nor the price has been finalized yet.

Last edited:
Things I like about the new Moto E: better battery. and front camera (i guess).
Things I don't like about the new Moto E: 1. Single SIM (i saw it only now, dual sim is like a must-have feature for me). 2. Same old Snapdragon 200. I was expecting the 410 even on the standard 3G variant. But then again it would come at a cost.
Neutral: display size, display pixel density and newer android version. I don't mind any of these.
ya

Motorola’s all new Moto E is all set to launch in India on March 10. Soon after revealing the price for the Indian market, the company has started sending invites for the Moto E event.

The Moto E 2015 model will be priced at Rs 6,999, same as the original Moto E launched last year. However, there is no word on pricing for the LTE variant of the device for India, yet.

The new pricing details come via a promotional teaser video released by the company. Take a look at the video below.

The 3G version of the Moto E is powered by 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 32-bit processor and a 400MHz Adreno 302 GPU. The LTE version has a 1.2GHz quad-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and a 400MHz Adreno 306 GPU. It comes with 8GB storage space and 1GB of RAM.

Motorola has now doubled the storage capacity to 8GB in the new model. Moreover, one can also opt for the 16GB model. It can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD card slot.

Back