User Review Moto E 2nd Gen. 3G impression and Ringke Slim cover review (no images)

So I got the Moto E2 3G phone a few days ago and a Ringke Slim cover for the phone.
This is too old for a proper review so I'm not going to go too deep into the specifications and features.
The following is my impression of the phone.

First off the body, size and display:
The 4.5" display and bezel feels good on my hands. I personally find 5" with standard phat bezel a little big and not of my liking. The phone would feel much better if it had a slimmer body like the Samsung Galaxy S4 or my older Panasonic P11. In fact the S4 even though the display is 5" the size feels great on my hands.
Viewing angle of the display is pretty good.

Performance:
Real world performance is decent. Its not very fast. Sometimes the phone lags when you run a few apps in background and want to swap them. I played Subway Surfer game and the game sometimes lags or freezes for milli-seconds to 1-2 seconds. This is bad as games like Subway Surfer, Temple Run and Piano Tiles rely heavily on your quick finger movements and I like games like these. But overall for gaming its decent and superior to my P11 which uses the same SD200 chipset. However it will not affect games like Candy Crush, 4 pictures 1 word and card games. I would blame the lag or slowness on the basic chipset. I haven't played games like Asphalt 7/8 and Dead trigger but I assume that they will lag (for sure!).

Battery:
Oh boy battery life is very good IMO. I put 2G data switched-on 24*7, play Subway Surfer for an hour or more, internet for a few hours and at most I charge it 2 times a day. Do note that even though I don't do heavy tasks I use the phone a lot when I'm free so you can put me under heavy users group. For basic/normal usage it can last you 2-3 days at most. So its battery life to me is really impressive. BUT, the charger is not! Some times it takes hours to charge the phone fully. I once had to charge the phone from 15% and it took me 4-5 hours (or was it more?). That is way too long. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the charger but I did a bit of asking around and found that Moto chargers are not the best. This is not an exaggeration. I love the phone but not the charger.

Bottomline:
The Moto E 2nd Gen 3G is a very good phone for 5000-6000rs. Other good phones for entry-level price range are the Redmi 2 Prime and Moto E 2nd Gen 4G which cost 1000rs more. If you prefer the Moto E get the 4G model. Its has a better chipset ie the Snapdragon 410. Redmi 2 Prime also has a nice permission feature present only in Android M.

Pros:
Dual SIM.
Good display.
Decent performance.
Clean Android. No unremovable bloatware like Hungama, ZeeTV etc etc.
Very good battery life.

Cons:
Doesn't handle gaming smoothly.
Charger sucks, takes hours to charge it fully.

Mediocre:
Doesn't come with stock File Manager app.
Removing contacts is a pain in the butt. Not sure if this is a Lollipop or Moto specific problem or both.
There is still no option to save messages in drafts without adding a contact recipient.
No LED flash. Never underestimate the torch!
No capacitive LED backlit keys.

Posting this from the phone. Its starting to slow down as I write these walls of texts. Will edit as I use it.
Cover review later.

Back