Budget 0-20k Motherboard might have blown off—CPU, Motherboard and RAM to be upgraded

LDC

Disciple
Last week, in the afternoon heat, I was multitasking on my PC of the below mentioned configuration when everything froze (second time in a row) and then I had to force shut down with the cabinet button. On restarting, nothing starts except the DVD drive, GPU fan, CPU cooler fan and PSU fan. No power LED on cabinet or signal into the monitor either. I've tried removing everything, cleaning the dust and trying it one by one and still no change. Tried resetting CMOS, holding power button down for 30 secs.

I have tried the PSU in a friend's PC and it works. So, I am wondering if my motherboard is damaged. If you guys have suggestions to improve the situation, it will be appreciated. Otherwise, please suggest a hardware upgrade.

Link for my previous thread asking for GPU help:
https://techenclave.com/community/t...-hd-videos-at-60-fps-and-basic-gaming.186403/

1. What is your budget?
    • INR 15,000
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration
    • CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    • Motherboard - Biostar A785GE
    • GPU - Gigabyte GT 1030 Low Profile
    • RAM - Kingston 2x2GB DDR2
    • Harddisk: 1TB Seagate 7,200 RPM
    • Monitor - Dell S2240L
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • Cabinet - Ordered the Carbide SPEC 01 from Amazon. Should receive by Saturday.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping?
    • Graphics card
    • Monitor
    • PSU
    • Cabinet
    • Harddisk
    • I guess I will have to get rid of the trinity of motherboard–CPU–RAMs if I either CPU or mobo is damaged, right?
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy.
    • CPU
    • Motherboard
    • RAM
    • If budget allows: SSD
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Want this to be future-proof for the next 5 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Amazon or MDComputers, Lamington Road
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Adobe Photoshop of heavy files
    • Gaming at decent or even low graphics of games like GTA V or the Witcher
    • Multitasking with multiple browser windows open, multiple Audacity audio files for editing, graphic design software.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Mentioned above
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - no idea
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No, should I?
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 (please tell me based on your hardware suggestions, 64 bit or 32 bit?)

Last edited:
You havent tried removing/replacing the ram. Do try with a ram from your friend.
Also try without rams and check if the mobo gives out beeps.

Last resort is to dismantle everything/every component out of the cabinet and test with just the mobo/cpu/ram & gpu. If you mobo has onboard gpu then try that first.

You havent tried removing/replacing the ram. Do try with a ram from your friend.
Also try without rams and check if the mobo gives out beeps.

Last resort is to dismantle everything/every component out of the cabinet and test with just the mobo/cpu/ram & gpu. If you mobo has onboard gpu then try that first.
Done all that. Nothing. I shouldn't have to try friend's RAM (it's not DDR2 anyways). The computer should have sent some signal to the monitor with no RAM inserted.

I doubt if you can fit in all requirements in 15K.

Ryzen 3 1200 ~6.2K
Asus Prime A320M-K ~4.4K
8GB RAM DDR4 RAm costs about ~5.5-6K
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ~4.7K

Ryzen 3 1200 ~6.2K
Asus Prime A320M-K ~4.4K
That's a start. The ssd is not big deal to be purchased right now. I hear the performance is faster though. But 120 GB isn't enough for C drive? My C drives haven't exceeded 70 GB so far.

Edit: And where do you find the Ryzen 3 1200 for ₹6.2k? Couldn't find that on Amazon or MdComputer. What about costlier Ryzen 3 if I don't go with the SSD?

Last edited:
But 120 GB isn't enough for C drive? My C drives haven't exceeded 70 GB so far.

SSDs drop performance when they are near full. In my personal experience, C drive tends to get full quickly.

On other note, for 120GB I do not see as good performer as Samsung 860 EVO.

Edit: And where do you find the Ryzen 3 1200 for ₹6.2k?

I found it on Primeabgb. Generally I reference my prices from this site.

Link: https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/amd-ryzen-3-1200-3-1-ghz-socket-am4-processor/[DOUBLEPOST=1539860227][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about costlier Ryzen 3 if I don't go with the SSD?

I did not choose this as you already have GT1030. Performance difference should not warrant 25% more price IMO.

Last edited:
I found it on Primeabgb. Generally I reference my prices from this site.

Link: https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/amd-ryzen-3-1200-3-1-ghz-socket-am4-processor/[DOUBLEPOST=1539860227][/DOUBLEPOST]

I did not choose this as you already have GT1030. Performance difference should not warrant 25% more price IMO.
Wow. I didn't know PrimeABGB is now like a regular online store. They used to ask you to fill a form for giving a quote sometime back.

So what brand or model of RAM should I buy?

I am going with the CPU and mobo you've suggested from PrimeABGB .

Last edited:
The A320M-K motherboard's spec says that max support for RAM is:
AMD Ryzen™ Processors
2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2400/2666/3200(O.C.)/2133/2933(O.C.) MHz Un-buffered, ECC and non-ECC Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Does that mean the Corsair 8GB ram stick I buy shouldn't be the 3000 MHz version?

Would suggest you to go for the following config

AMD Ryzen 2200G - 7850
Gigabyte b450m ds3h - 6750
Corsair vengeance 2400 8gb - 5700

The price comes to around 20k but if you can sell your processor and ram and motherboard(provided its working), u may have to add 1 or 2k

@Charun Your suggestion makes me rethink the motherboard between an Asus A320 or B350. But I prefer @vyral_143's idea that since I have GT 1030 graphics card, I don't need the CPU cost to increase.

To reiterate, I have no interest in overclocking. Please let me know if there are any other advantages to the motherboard changes.

@Charun Your suggestion makes me rethink the motherboard between an Asus A320 or B350. But I prefer @vyral_143's idea that since I have GT 1030 graphics card, I don't need the CPU cost to increase.

To reiterate, I have no interest in overclocking. Please let me know if there are any other advantages to the motherboard changes.

Oh yes i didnot consider the graphic card, missed that part

Ryzen 3 1200 ~6.2K
Asus Prime A320M-K ~4.4K

Just logging back in to say THANK YOU for your suggestion. I've used my setup for a month and a half now and am very happy with the purchase. I ended up with AMD Ryzen 1300x CPU intead of 1200 due to stock issues, but same price. Didn't get the SSD. Sticking with the HDD for now.

Back