Most efficient Split AC available in India?

Sub

Adept
Looking for a recommendation for the best / most efficient Split AC available. Inverter, of course. There seems to be a lack of technical reviews in India, so thought I'd ask here. I checked some older threads, but they are from 2016. Daikin seemed to be the best option then, but hoping there's better stuff released now.

1 Ton should be OK for my room, but I'd be OK with 1.5 Ton if that has better options. Budget no bar - it's a long term investment after all, so makes no sense to skimp.

I'm from Mumbai, so if you have a recommendation for a store, that'd be appreciated too. Otherwise, of course online will do.

There's no real revolutionary change in AC's of late.. so there's unlikely any drastic differences in efficiencies across the board in general. Having said that, iirc, the 2018 star ratings have changed with a 1 star drop from 2017 models to 2018 models. Check for more details when you go shopping.

1. Capacity should always be determined by the cooling area under consideration. Some brands like Daikin will verify the area before they actually commit to sale because there have been cases of some smart customers in our country who took a less than ideal AC capacity and later sued the brand for cheating saying the cooling and AC was defective and they ended up having to replace such units due to the various court rulings.
2. Whatever you do - go for copper units. Daikin and General i believe are copper based, as is some from Mitsubishi/Carrier/Voltas.. crosscheck. If budget is not an issue, from personal experience I recommend Daikin. Definitely more expensive than other brands but great service and performs as expected.

Would not recommend online - rather go to a brick and mortar shop. The best rates i got were from Vijay Sales and from Kohinoor, especially the latter. Hassle free experience as well.

Thanks! I'll check out the options at Kohinoor. Yes, leaning towards Daikin. Non-inverter ACs seem to have dropped two stars, but it's all pretty arbitrary... What we really need is third party technical testing by reviewers using power meters and a controlled testing environment. Can't find a single such reviewer in India.

In fact what I couldn't find was a multi room split model. Abroad they're easily available. They're convenient when you just need to cool a small room like a study or a half bedroom where you don't need to or have the space to install another outdoor unit just to cool the small room

There seems to be a lack of technical reviews in India, so thought I'd ask here. I checked some older threads, but they are from 2016. Daikin seemed to be the best option then, but hoping there's better stuff released now.

1 Ton should be OK for my room, but I'd be OK with 1.5 Ton if that has better options. Budget no bar - it's a long term investment after all, so makes no sense to skimp.

I'm from Mumbai, so if you have a recommendation for a store, that'd be appreciated too. Otherwise, of course online will do.

These guys ?

https://www.bijlibachao.com/air-con...-and-how-it-is-different-from-bee-5-star.html

Unless someone shows evidence with a clamp meter i remain sceptical of which is most efficient. Also it could mean does not cool as well or for as long. So there's tradeoffs

Thanks, that's helpful. But yes, what I'm looking for is a third party analysis (not the manufacturer or BEE) with a power meter in controlled conditions (following the scientific method) across various models. In lieu of that, I guess I'll just have to settle for BEE's data. It does look like the Daikin 5 star inverter ACs are the best ones, but seem out of stock even on Daikin's website.

Thanks, that's helpful. But yes, what I'm looking for is a third party analysis (not the manufacturer or BEE) with a power meter in controlled conditions (following the scientific method) across various models. In lieu of that, I guess I'll just have to settle for BEE's data. It does look like the Daikin 5 star inverter ACs are the best ones, but seem out of stock even on Daikin's website.
Daikin's website is really of limited use. Many of the models in the market are not detailed on their site.

Dealers are the best bet. There's a Daikin dealer at Opera House as well as one behind Kohinoor in Dadar if I'm not mistaken. These guys are your best bet ( or any direct brand dealer) to get the correct details. Also unless you have the AC running for extended periods the inverter models are not worth spending on just in case you didn't know.

Do me a favour, in case you're going with local vendor, please do ask for a multi split model. Thanks in advance [emoji1317]

Thanks, will ask the dealer! I really doubt there's any multi split model available in India, but if I find one, I'll report back here.

Back