OC & Modding Modding cabby after a long time- Suggestions needed

nRiTeCh

Skilled
So I'm very eager to mod my cabinet after a looong time now.:)

Cabby/Chasis: Cooler Master HAF 932.

I'm going to stay away from led fans as I will go with the default stock fans ones which are already per-installed.

Now for the in-chassy lighting I have shortlisted 3 options to choose from: (but confused between them)
  • Deepcool RGB 350
  • Deepcool RGB 330
Confusion:
  1. I'm not getting the exact difference between Models 330 and 350. (is it the length of the strips, no of strips bundled or what other??)
  2. Model 330 got 3 strips but they aint magnetic but 350 got 2 strips but they are magnetic. (can somebody confirm if 330 is magnetic as well and it got 3 strips)
***************************************************************************************
  • NZXT HUE+ Extension Kit
I'm getting NZXT HUE+ Extension Kit for a very attractive price so rather than running behind Deepcool, shall I prefer NZXT? (it offers software control as well)

Please advice guys as I need to order either of these ASAP.

I mistaken NZXT HUE+ Extension Kit. I first need to buy the basic kit NZXT HUE+".

And please clear the confusions as asked regarding Deepcool models above.:)[DOUBLEPOST=1488190446][/DOUBLEPOST]nobody ??:(

Last edited:
Rgb 350 is magnetic,u can stick and remove it as many times u like ..thats the only advantage it has. It has an infrared remote which needs to be pointed straight towards the sensor.rgb 330 has radio remote which u can point in any direction and will work. Also rgb330 has full spectrum of colors while 350 has only limited number of colors. 350 seems to support asus aura , means it can be controlled via some asus mobo having led output ports . .also as u said 350 has 2strips in a package while 330has one . . i think 330 is better as it has more choice of colors and easy to use with radio remote. Choose 350 if u need magnetic strip, need only basic colors,wont change much using remote and is on a budget.

You can Get 5 meter RGB led strips for like 500 locally and on ebay with a remote. hook it up to your psu and magic.
Sure but my priority is magnetic strip as peeling the sticky glue sticks spoils the fun and cabinet as well.

I'm more inclined towards NZXT HUE+ but unable to find it in stock on an indian site and importing it might attract customs.

Last edited:
Sure but my priority is magnetic strip as peeling the sticky glue sticks spoils the fun and cabinet as well.

I'm more inclined towards nzxt hu+ but unable to find it in stock on an indian site and importing it might attract customs.
Go with Deepcool RGB Strip 350 or 330.

LED Strips don't serve any purpose other than lighting or spicing up your cabby.

Go to Amazon and order one.
If you are a prime member then there will be free shipping likewise.

I suggest you to buy from either Amazon or mdcomputers.in

If you want to use LED/RGB fans then use them. But led strips lighting is silly IMO. Doesn't look as good as it sounds so pro modders tend to stay away from them.

EL wire seems something different but does it got rgb or something? Else it will be all wiry mess inside.
Also does it connects to molex and if it got any remote control thing?

EL wire seems something different but does it got rgb or something? Else it will be all wiry mess inside.
Also does it connects to molex and if it got any remote control thing?
Its not colour changing. Its just white light inside. The colour comes from the external plastic jacket. So no colour changing rgb in one wire. No remote or anything, but has a dc inverter box/switch. I think the voltage power required depends on length of wire and can go from 3v -12v.

I thought I would chime in here. I have been using the Deeepcool RGB 350 kit in my chassis for almost a month now and have been relatively happy with it. Here are some of the pro's and con's of the said kit:

PRO's:

1 The kit is simple and comes well packaged. On the backside of the product's box you also get a clear explanation of the product and the needed connections, illustrated with clarity.

2. There are 2 RGB strips which are a breeze to mount inside your PC's computer cabinet/ chassis. Due to the fact that the strips are magnetic they can be peeled off the metallic surface of the chassis and mounted at a different position should you need to do so. No gluey residue, none. Interconnecting one strip to the other is easy and getting the strips hooked up to the main control box is also seamless. The receiver to the remote (which is connected to the control box via a long wire) is best placed near the side panel as it becomes easier for the remote to connect to it when changing colors. Follow the diagram on the back of the box, slap them in, connect the control box to a molex and job done!

3. The strips are nice and bright. Color reproduction is accurate (except for true white). The brightness levels are nicely scalable with the remote and even at dim levels the glow covers the entire cabinet beautifully (even in full towers). On the highest setting, the LED's are very bright!

4. There are some neat color effects to be played around with (eg: strobes, breathing effect.. etc). I for one prefer static color as strobes of flashing light make me dizzy and leads me to have headaches, but that's just me.

5. No wire mess. Kit comes with barely any extra wires other than the one's needed and the wires are all in black, blending well inside a chassis.

CON's:

1. The product has two strips, yes... but each strip cannot be programmed differently through the remote. What I mean by that is, you cannot have purple on one strip and dark blue on the other. So, going by that if your planning to customize the colors of LED's on the strip or dedicate a single strip in one shade and the other strip in a another shade the kit can't do that. The kit functions with one color at a time, on both strips and uniformly spreads it inside the chassis depending upon your placement of course.

2. Since color differentiation is not possible amongst strips separately you cannot have different zones of color inside your chassis if that's what your intending to do.

(If you want different color zones in your chassis, get the NZXT Hue +).

3. White reproduction isn't white in the truest sense. The white has a slight bluish tinge to it. I find that actually more easy on the eyes and very calming.

4. I'm nitpicking here... but placing the receiver to the remote control inside the chassis so that the remote can send a clear signal to it can be a little tricky but it isn't something awfully tough to do. Give the placement of the kit inside your chassis a little thought and everything should work out nice and easy.

I'm attaching a few photographs here to show how the kit looks when it's working in my rig:

DSCF5179.jpg

IMAGE00675.jpg

IMAGE00677.jpg

IMAGE00693.jpg

DSCF5167.jpg

Cabinet/ Chassis in photograph is my Corsair Graphite White 780T Full Tower. (Detailed system specs can be found in my signature).

The Deepcool 350 RGB Kit:

DSCF5163.jpg

DSCF5164.jpg

DSCF5155.jpg

DSCF5160.jpg

DSCF5158.jpg

Also, here is a video of the color changing modes:

Hope this helps someone in deciding whether to buy the kit or not. I would say for the price tag of 1.6-1.7k that it's being sold at now (perhaps a little higher online), it's a lovely addition to someone who is looking for illumination inside his/ her computer's chassis.

If anyone has any questions regarding the kit feel free to ask, I will try and answer them.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back