Android Any good Mobile phone for Senior citizens?

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Is there any good mobile phone for senior citizens? I would like to gift it for a friend's father who is not tech savvy with mobile phones. I don't see any phones specially made for senior citizens except for iball and Philips phones but they do not look good. Any suggestions?

What exactly are you looking for in the phone.. what features? And in what range you want to buy? That will help the people to narrow down choices and suggest suitable phones.

Smartphone with touchscreen would be the choice. For senior citizens, learning curve will be there in any phone that you buy, because you will have to teach them ultimately. But, touchscreen phones will be relatively easy to operate than button ones. It might take a bit of time, but touchscreen phones are good for senior citizens.

Speaking this from personal experience. Bought a Nokia phone with buttons for my mother, but the buttons are so hard, it's difficult to write on an app like WhatsApp. She can operate a touchscreen tablet much easily.

What exactly are you looking for in the phone.. what features? And in what range you want to buy? That will help the people to narrow down choices and suggest suitable phones.

Smartphone with touchscreen would be the choice. For senior citizens, learning curve will be there in any phone that you buy, because you will have to teach them ultimately. But, touchscreen phones will be relatively easy to operate than button ones. It might take a bit of time, but touchscreen phones are good for senior citizens.

Speaking this from personal experience. Bought a Nokia phone with buttons for my mother, but the buttons are so hard, it's difficult to write on an app like WhatsApp. She can operate a touchscreen tablet much easily.
I think I will go with Smartphone with touch screen. Any suggestion on a good no frills touch screen phone with screen size of 4 inch and above? Also the budget can be around 5K..

Get Moto E at 6,000.

I will suggest the same. Would be best in this price range. Just read the specifications, and it is offering 1 GB RAM, which is quite good. Processor is good too. The screen is Corning Gorilla, which is scratch resistant, and also smudge resistant coating is there. These are some really good features for a phone at this price.

Would cost 1000 ₹ extra, but will be worth it.

Back