Budget 15-20K mobile only for navigation !

sam000

Adept
as the title says i am not concerned with anything else like camera etc...need a phone with the best navigation
ability...googled around a lot and found the galaxy s5 and moto X play have good gps...but lots of posts on google say they have gps problem on mto x play...and the S5 they say has awesome gps performance but that is the snapdragon version not the exynos indian version...i dont know if the indian version too will perform like the US LTE version in the GPS department...please advice its urgent.

The phone wil be hooked on to the car charger for 14 hours a day...and convinced on the S5 ability to lock GPS only i raised my budget to 20K... if i can get a phone that will perform the task at much lower price then that would be great as well.

as the title says i am not concerned with anything else like camera etc...need a phone with the best navigation
ability...googled around a lot and found the galaxy s5 and moto X play have good gps...but lots of posts on google say they have gps problem on mto x play...and the S5 they say has awesome gps performance but that is the snapdragon version not the exynos indian version...i dont know if the indian version too will perform like the US LTE version in the GPS department...please advice its urgent.

The phone wil be hooked on to the car charger for 14 hours a day...and convinced on the S5 ability to lock GPS only i raised my budget to 20K... if i can get a phone that will perform the task at much lower price then that would be great as well.
Why not just get a car navigation system. They have bigger screens and double as an entertainment system.

Why not just get a car navigation system. They have bigger screens and double as an entertainment system.

I gave it a lot of thought...Map my india has the best maps but bad hardware and they say its a pain to operate the screen...gamin has good hardware but poor maps...and i called MMI they said they stopped supplying maps for garmin...so i cant use MMI maps on garmin....GARMIN chennai branch told me their unit takes 3-4 minutes to lock on gps initially and their maps are only 70% accurate in chennai city...but since i need faster locks smartphone seems to be better as they lock on in seconds...they too have offline maps like HERE maps and navimaps pro...and one can switch and compare the routes in a smartphone...which is not the case with a GPS devise.

Just yesterday on map my india website i searched for a place in tamilnadu called "kavanur"...its near vellore but map my india was showing places with similar name in erode district...tried the same search in google map and it showed the place perfectly...
strangely i was able to scroll the MMI map for kavanur...i cant understand why it did not come up in search even though its there on the map....so in situations like this one can switch between various maps.

I gave it a lot of thought...Map my india has the best maps but bad hardware and they say its a pain to operate the screen...gamin has good hardware but poor maps...and i called MMI they said they stopped supplying maps for garmin...so i cant use MMI maps on garmin....GARMIN chennai branch told me their unit takes 3-4 minutes to lock on gps initially and their maps are only 70% accurate in chennai city...but since i need faster locks smartphone seems to be better as they lock on in seconds...they too have offline maps like HERE maps and navimaps pro...and one can switch and compare the routes in a smartphone...which is not the case with a GPS devise.

Just yesterday on map my india website i searched for a place in tamilnadu called "kavanur"...its near vellore but map my india was showing places with similar name in erode district...tried the same search in google map and it showed the place perfectly...
strangely i was able to scroll the MMI map for kavanur...i cant understand why it did not come up in search even though its there on the map....so in situations like this one can switch between various maps.
Ohh. Google maps are the best then.

Get moto G should work and latest android version too :)
Moto G doesn't have gyroscope which is a necessity for navigation

TomTom has some good devices. If your primary purpose is navigation, don't get a smartphone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moto G doesn't have gyroscope which is a necessity for navigation

TomTom has some good devices. If your primary purpose is navigation, don't get a smartphone.

tom tom are good devices but maps are very important...only map my india have detailed map and they stopped supplying maps for other players...thats why i am trying to get hold of a smartphone with very good GPS capability...so i can uise navi maps from MMI...the search for a good GPS phone is turning out to be harder than i expected...almost all the reviews i read never focus on a phones GPS performance.

tom tom are good devices but maps are very important...only map my india have detailed map and they stopped supplying maps for other players...thats why i am trying to get hold of a smartphone with very good GPS capability...so i can uise navi maps from MMI...the search for a good GPS phone is turning out to be harder than i expected...almost all the reviews i read never focus on a phones GPS performance.
Yes. Reviewers don't write reviews about the GPS functionality. Just get a phone which has majority of the sensors like gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer and of course GPS
You should be good to go
I believe moto x 2nd gen has them all
Also being a moto phone, it should have good sunlight visibility

I am using oneplus one for my basic navigation needs and it serves me well in car. But I am looking for a phone to mount on my motor-bike.

I have owned samsung galaxy s3 and oneplus one. Both overheat and shut down while using them on bike in navigation mode in google maps in 10 to 15 minutes. The accuracy and time to get location is not a problem in above both phones. My only worry is overheating.

Is there a phone that can withstand direct sunrays in 42degrees enviroment and also put in a mobile cover like in follwing link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...ount-Holder-Case-For-Cell-Phone-/281319094306

Back