Mobikwik - Crappy and Irresponsible support

swatkats

Skilled
So this happened on 10th December, We were booking tickets and were looking at nice offers on BookMyshow. I chose to use Mobikwik wallet to buy from BMS.
I loaded up Rs 500 from my SBI card and unfortunately the transaction failed and the amount was deducted from my Bank account.

After waiting for sometime i approached Mobikwik Support through a ticket, where they didn't even reply.
I had to ping them on twitter after two hours with no response on the ticket. Then someone replied saying that they didn't receive payment and if any refund will be automatically credited in my account within 3- 15 days,

Now, Transactions failing is a common thing but the tepid response was the crucial part who were lazy. I had similar issues with PayTM where they were quick to resolve the issue and credit the amount in Wallet or else make sure the refund happens through IMPS.

As i waited for banks to operate since Mobikwik refund are processed through Bulk Refunds through NEFT (I believe). I approached them on 14th December through the earlier ticket which i raised and i got NO response.
Like before i did ping them asking for their attention and then they called me.

I spoke with some dude, who was very hyper, I asked him about refund. He said you should go n visit the bank and find out. I insisted that i visited and those sarkari bank people had no idea, He kept on repeating the same thing. I wanted to wait a little more.

On 16th December i called up their customer care which was kept on HOLD for long long time and i asked the same social media fellows to call back and they did within 5 mins. I asked them about any update from their end and as to why refunds will take so much time.

That same dude in Rude tone, Why aren't you understanding? Visit your bank & ask! What we can do in this regards.. I told them when the same thing happened with PayTM and FreeCharge they followed up and made sure i got the money but you guys are reluctant to do the same. Clearly told him i did not receive any money and asked him to do anything or transfer money to my account. He said how can i? I'll lose my job, because you already might have got the money?! Seriously??
He ended up arguing while i clearly told him i'll wait for more 3-4 working days and will approach local news papers. He said go a head.

Things to note:

- Customer care is non existent.
- Social media is supposed to deal with patience, this dude who called me twice is clearly suffering from hypertension.
- Reluctant attitude towards customers.. Browse their social media pages and Play store reviews clearly some people have lost 5-6k and waiting for their refunds.
- I thought this is a serious competitor to PayTM but seriously its a Joke. FreeCharge is far better in this regards.

Anyother suggestions from members as to what i can do?

Thank you for the suggestion. How about my lost ₹₹
Your transaction was through credit card, I believe..? As of now, your cash is in a limbo. The merchant, mobikwik here, has the option to claim that amount within I think 15 days of the transaction and process your stuff. (This part usually happens automatically and instantly). If he doesn't claim that amount, only then it will be reversed back to your account. So you will get your refund, but it takes time. If you want to hasten the process, I guess you need to contact your bank and find out the process.
P. S. This is what I came to know a couple of years ago during a similar instance of transaction failure. Not sure if things have changed now.

Your transaction was through credit card, I believe..? As of now, your cash is in a limbo.
This.

Indian banks have surprisingly low trust in their customers and have a huge holding period. I recently did a transaction which got cancelled due to a confusion. When I went to retry the transaction my credit limit was gone. I tried asking the retailer who said they are not going to claim the transaction. While the bank, Citibank, refused to raise the limit to allow me to complete the transaction. They wanted an email proof from the retailer saying transaction is not going to be claimed. If not, hold is going to be removed only after more than a month has passed. When I asked the retailer, they put the ball in the banks court saying they cannot comment on authorization holds. As I use credit card for all my online transactions, so this was kind of pain in the ass.

I recently even had a situation where trying to pay Airtel broadband bill using the Airtel app, the transaction failed twice. That too in tune of 2.5k. Finally paid the bill using Paytm thinking money will come back to my account. Guess what, Airtel gracefully accepted all three transactions making me short by 3.7k (two failed + 1 paid)

If you dint use credit card, why not? Repeat after me, never use debit cards for online transactions. Because if you do, the money gets automatically deducted from your account. While in credit cards, your credit limit gets lowered once a transaction is done. But the "debit" doesn't happen until the merchant claims it or the bank removes the hold.

That said, being rude to customers is certainly not the answer. If they want (but this looks like their back-end sucks, it becomes more of a "can") they should be able to trace the transaction, add the money to the wallet and claim the money from the bank. No excuses for being rude.

even i had a issue with them once as their ads are misleading. even paytm is no less, nowdays on offer pages while mobikwik advertises 25%cashback with max upto 150 rs off or something i see paytm advertising upto 100% cashback with n clarity whats the max cashback i will get. bad way to get customers. saw this on dominos payment last.

So this happened on 10th December, We were booking tickets and were looking at nice offers on BookMyshow. I chose to use Mobikwik wallet to buy from BMS.
I loaded up Rs 500 from my SBI card and unfortunately the transaction failed and the amount was deducted from my Bank account.

After waiting for sometime i approached Mobikwik Support through a ticket, where they didn't even reply.
I had to ping them on twitter after two hours with no response on the ticket. Then someone replied saying that they didn't receive payment and if any refund will be automatically credited in my account within 3- 15 days,

Now, Transactions failing is a common thing but the tepid response was the crucial part who were lazy. I had similar issues with PayTM where they were quick to resolve the issue and credit the amount in Wallet or else make sure the refund happens through IMPS.

As i waited for banks to operate since Mobikwik refund are processed through Bulk Refunds through NEFT (I believe). I approached them on 14th December through the earlier ticket which i raised and i got NO response.
Like before i did ping them asking for their attention and then they called me.

I spoke with some dude, who was very hyper, I asked him about refund. He said you should go n visit the bank and find out. I insisted that i visited and those sarkari bank people had no idea, He kept on repeating the same thing. I wanted to wait a little more.

On 16th December i called up their customer care which was kept on HOLD for long long time and i asked the same social media fellows to call back and they did within 5 mins. I asked them about any update from their end and as to why refunds will take so much time.

That same dude in Rude tone, Why aren't you understanding? Visit your bank & ask! What we can do in this regards.. I told them when the same thing happened with PayTM and FreeCharge they followed up and made sure i got the money but you guys are reluctant to do the same. Clearly told him i did not receive any money and asked him to do anything or transfer money to my account. He said how can i? I'll lose my job, because you already might have got the money?! Seriously??
He ended up arguing while i clearly told him i'll wait for more 3-4 working days and will approach local news papers. He said go a head.

Things to note:

- Customer care is non existent.
- Social media is supposed to deal with patience, this dude who called me twice is clearly suffering from hypertension.
- Reluctant attitude towards customers.. Browse their social media pages and Play store reviews clearly some people have lost 5-6k and waiting for their refunds.
- I thought this is a serious competitor to PayTM but seriously its a Joke. FreeCharge is far better in this regards.

Anyother suggestions from members as to what i can do?

The amount is not big, but on principle, ******* like these must be made to pay back. This has become a pretty common feature. Unless there are some strict guidelines, there is little hope for things to improve. I think going all out on social media is one of the ways to make them suffer. Try recording your calls with the customer service guys, upload them somewhere (or cut and make the choicest of excerpts) tweet those to them, put it up on FB. File a police report, do as many of those things as you can.

I know this might be something that must have already crossed your mind. I also know that it is a tedious process and most of us would not be bothered with all this (I often feel the same) but these guys deserve to get it back, and we need to resolve to do something.

Do keep us posted about what happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's how it went..

After a tweet to CEO on 21st December, I got a DM asking me to submit account statement from Transaction date to present date.
- I sent copy of statement on 22nd December.
- On 23rd December evening refund was processed, Apparently BULK posting from Bank itself.

13 odd days to get refund, usually it shouldn't take 7 working days (max). Overall a poor customer experience. Would avoid Mobikwik at all costs with absolutely poor support, Newbies wishing to adopt Cashless would never trust companies with their money if they present them like this.

i got refund after more than a month , two years back , providing good customer experience isnt their priority .[DOUBLEPOST=1482534129][/DOUBLEPOST]I also had to tweet to ceo , his wife , every one i could find .

Last edited:
Don't use the wallet companies. There have been many reported instances of balance being skimmed off.

The 15-20% discount is not worth the hassle.

Mobidick is actually one of the worst in this, FC and Paytm are better, but Paytm is running misleading ads.

Coming to refunds, yes, they take that much time. For the same reason, avoid debit cards and use credit cards everywhere so charges can be disputed.

Or better use VCC.
Regarding Virtual card. FreeCharge has this electronic VC powered by Yes bank.

I tried it on Indian websites. Worked flawlessly, need to try it out on international websites as well. Can we claim a dispute on those as well?

Don't use the wallet companies. There have been many reported instances of balance being skimmed off.

The 15-20% discount is not worth the hassle.
even banks accounts have had frauds being done. Mostly due to mistakes and all but in wallets its a lil easier to make those mistakes.

Funny thing is, that they have time for this

https://www.techenclave.com/communi...nese-in-paytm-questions-data-security.182621/

The other day, I was talking to a taxi (uber) driver. The poor guy was complaining about how bad ola is. They do not pay the drivers on time and deduct from the their share for silly reason. I heard the ola owner also wants govt to 'help' them against uber. I love supporting Indian companies, but very few of them seem interested in my loyalty :)

On the OP's issue. The same thing had happened to me when I was trying to pay for a airtel recharge. I really do not care much about a 10 working day delay. What is infuriating is the non-response and stupid behavior of these payment processing companies.

There are no "Indian" companies in the start-ups that are visible. Most are funded by VCs backed by foreign capital. It is laughable to read when Flipkart, based outside India & owned by foreign VC firms, asks for protection from Amazon.

Regarding Virtual card. FreeCharge has this electronic VC powered by Yes bank.

I tried it on Indian websites. Worked flawlessly, need to try it out on international websites as well. Can we claim a dispute on those as well?

Dear Vivek,

Your FreeCharge Go Card is undergoing a makeover for a better experience. It will be back soon. Please continue to use FreeCharge balance at over 1 lakh merchants.

Please note that your FreeCharge Go Card has been made unavailable from 27-Dec-2016.

Back