Video MK808b plus from gearbest. Original? Also Having a few issues.

I kind of made an impulse purchase :
MK808B Plus from http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_124593.html

Its giving me a few issues, and I after googling around it seems there is an 'original' mk808b plus and also 'fake' ones. Does anyone know how reliable/original gearbest.com's stuff is ?

The issues I am having :
1. Throws 'play store has stopped working' message almost continuously.
2. sometimes hangs on boot screen after power failure. Magically repairs itself overnight
3. Hard reset button doesn't work! Tried using it after it got stuck on the boot screen..

Basically I am wondering if I have made a bad purchase and I am very unfamiliar with android's intricacies, so don't know whether these issues are critical.

Comments please .

Thanks

I have the same one also from Gearbest, haven't tried Playstore on it as I do not have internet currently via WiFi, have not reset it yet, luckily we in Mumbai do not have frequent power outages so not faced that issue as well

@cute.bandar - Check your TV stick's WiFi chipset maker and model number (from your TV stick's box or by opening the tv stick itself). There are stable custom roms that replaces unstable stock ones along with custom recovery tools available for some of the MK808b plus sticks with certain wifi chipsets. Once you know your tv stick's wifi chipset, you can get a compatible ROM/recovery from TV stick/box community driven forums like freaktab.

Cheers!

Yup go for any Android TV box with S905 chipset. It will have much better performance than MK808B plus.
BTW I believe main attraction of MK808B is the slim form factor (you can easily hide behind your TV), which is not the case with the beefier Android TV box.
I went for this S905 TV box. Its due for delivery. Once received, will post my experience with it.

Back