Mi Ultrabooks coming this week maybe- speculated specs

Both variants of the Xiaomi Mi laptop presented in the slide deck feature 6th Gen Intel Core processors. Previously rumours had pointed to Xiaomi using older Haswell parts for cost/performance maximisation but perhaps the firm got a better current gen deal as it made its plans clearer to Intel. It's good to see that both models come with an SSD drive as default.

b75c48b3-9b44-4e27-8bd8-0254a5839266.jpg

The top model of the Mi laptop comes with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor, with GTX 970M graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and a 15.6-inch 4K screen. Xiaomi propose to sell this machine for 6699 Yuan, equivalent to £765, or $1000, today.

36241502-0567-463c-9466-6f839e4f793f.jpg

If your laptop needs are less demanding but you still like Xiaomi's style, you could opt for the cheaper Mi laptop, as outlined above. This offers specs including an Intel Core i5-6200U processor, Intel HD 520 graphics (integrated graphics), 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. This model also sports a 15.6-inch screen, but not 4K, more likely 1080p. With its reduced spec the i5 version of the Mi laptop gets a significant price cut and will sell at 3999 Yuan, according to the leaked slides – that's equivalent to £457, or $600, today.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/laptop/94876-xiaomi-mi-laptop-specs-presentation-slides-leaked/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you not even reading your own posts? 12.5 / 13 "netbook"???? Your own pasted text and link mentions both are 15.6 inchers with proper Core i7/i5 mobile CPUs and not CoreM - or am I missing something?

If the i5 model (with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD) sells in India for around 50k it will be an awesome deal. Similar spec HP Envy 13 (13 inch instead of 15 though) costs about 75k here I think.

Are you not even reading your own posts? 12.5 / 13 "netbook"???? Your own pasted text and link mentions both are 15.6 inchers with proper Core i7/i5 mobile CPUs and not CoreM - or am I missing something?
Hehe was wondering myself. It is 15.6" screens as per the article. Edited post.

If the i5 model (with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD) sells in India for around 50k it will be an awesome deal. Similar spec HP Envy 13 (13 inch instead of 15 though) costs about 75k here I think.
some links say 13.3 others 15. http://en.miui.com/thread-313704-1-1.html @Crazy_Eddy eddy

If it is 599$ i feel it is overpriced by Mi standards. Acer already making 550$ ones with same specs https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-...F8&qid=1469267478&sr=1-3&keywords=acer+laptop

Yeah Acer and ASUS too seem to have similar specs in same price range but these are regular notebook class/profile it seems.

Depends on if these are classified as "ultrabooks" then they'll compete more with the likes of Dell XPS line? Just saw that the HP Envy 13 with same specs costs 85k here :( (8gb, 256gb ssd, i5)

Again, if the Xiaomi's are at least "sleek" in design like the HP Envy 13 and cost well under the 85k mark it will still be a great deal.

Similar spec Dell XPS 13 is well over the 1 lac mark I guess.

Good build, low cost, and midrange specs (with ssd) will work great for Xiaomi. Instead of fishing at the high end. Assembling it here in their current facilities will save a lot too.

Yeah Acer and ASUS too seem to have similar specs in same price range but these are regular notebook class/profile it seems.

Depends on if these are classified as "ultrabooks" then they'll compete more with the likes of Dell XPS line? Just saw that the HP Envy 13 with same specs costs 85k here :( (8gb, 256gb ssd, i5)

Again, if the Xiaomi's are at least "sleek" in design like the HP Envy 13 and cost well under the 85k mark it will still be a great deal.

Similar spec Dell XPS 13 is well over the 1 lac mark I guess.
if they do make them 15 inch how sleek can they get. those looking for sleek ones dont buy more than 13.3 inch ones. nobody cares much for sleekness in 15 as no manufacturer makes them. There are hp 13.3 inch full hd ones with same specs and just 128gb ssd for 550$ as well. they will be a flop everywhere in usa etc unless they undercut pricing. in india everyone loots us so they can still price at 39999 and still have buyers. I wish they launch a 13.3 inch one here for 34999 :p they also cut price of mi5 by 2k

Maruti Kizashi haha - To me it seems Indians are very "price conscious" (aka "cheap" :D) - I've seen lots of folks scrambling for the phones without concern for quality in a "penny wise, pound foolish" kinda way.

I'm thinking if Xiaomi makes a clone of the HP Envy 13 (which in turn seems to be a MacBook Air lookalike) where the HP costs 85k locally today and they somehow sell it for, say, 20k less here I'm sure there will be lots of takers.

I have the HP Envy 13 - i5/8GB/256GB ssd/1080p IPS LED - which I bought for my sis in the UK for about 60k on their Cyber Monday deal - regular price was about 70k there - it's quite good.

750$ for the 13.3 one and 520 for the 12.5 once. Nothing special imo. Copycat design with no originality. Would be embarrassing to use this cheap apple clone in public. Even the name is Mi note air.

The 13.3-inch model comes in at just 14.8mm thick and 1.28kg heavy, Intel Core i5-6200U processor (up to 2.7GHz) plus an NVIDIA GeForce 940MX GPU (with 1GB GDDR5 RAM). is thinner and lighter than the 13-inch MacBook Air. You also get 8GB of DDR4 RAM, 256GB of SSD via PCIe and one free SATA slot for expansion (but only serviced by Xiaomi). The 40Wh battery should be good for up to 9.5 hours, and it can go from zero to 50 percent in just half an hour using the bundled USB-C charger.

The smaller 12.5-inch model is even slimmer and lighter at 12.9mm and 1.07kg, respectively, but you'll have to make do with an Intel Core M3 CPU, no dedicated GPU, just 4GB of RAM and just a 128GB SSD via SATA -- though there's one free PCIe slot if you don't mind letting Xiaomi do the upgrade for you later. And instead of two USB 3.0 ports, you only get one here; but you still have an HDMI port. The upside of this model is that you get two more hours of battery life. The price? 3,499 yuan or about $520.

750 USD could translate to about Rs. 65k in India which is a full 20k less than something like the HP Envy 13 with same specs available here, could be a winner.

See https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/27/xiaomi-mi-notebook-air-laptop-china/[DOUBLEPOST=1469620223][/DOUBLEPOST]@RakaKaKaka when you paste text from other places, please do post the source links or at least mention where you are getting this info from :D
why will anyone get this at even 60k when one can get a macbook with 256gb ssd for around 72. Someone who spends so much does like a good brand and service and experience. noone likes to go those dingy basements where mi service centres are. This laptop is like buying a used old sonata and putting merc logos on it. the 1 gb nvidea is too much of a compromise and should have been either 4gb or forget it and keep costs lower. Anyway its china only release for now so no idea if it will ever even come here. btw The hp envy 13 with 6gen i5, 128gb ssd, 4gb ram costs 65k here and wayyy lower in usa if one imports.
- info from gsmarena

When you say "macbook with 256gb SSD for 72" - which model/specs are you referring (comparing with) and where is this available?

Something shady about that Air item on amazon - it says 13 inch but only 4GB RAM (and older Yosemite OS) where as the current Airs on official apple site are 8 GB RAM with ElCapitan.

Anyways - I feel the Xiaomi brand (and other Chinese ones like Huawei etc) is like what Korean brands (like Samsung/LG) were few years ago - I used to think very lowly of Samsung/LG then too but these days look at them.

The Koreans destroyed the Japanese economy beating the living daylights outta brands like Sony, Panasonic, Hitachi etc. Maybe the Chinese will do the same to the Koreans in a few years? :D

Actually Samsung is far too big for the likes of Apple, Sony or Panasonic. Samsung can eat them all but they have lot many other businesses which keep them contended. :D

Back