Budget 10-15K Mi A1 worth it?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phone Buying Advice' started by Zaibatsu, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu Member
    Disciple

The red edition was selling on amazon for 14k. Is it worth buying? Any better phone at this price tag?

2. sbhas2k

sbhas2k Well-Known Member
    Adept

3. mahesh_bharti

mahesh_bharti Active Member
    Disciple

i am using it
    updated to oreo
    i am quite satisfied.
    +1

4. OP
    OP
    Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu Member
    Disciple

I'm currently using the Redmi Note 3. Does the Mi A1's CPU has better performance for playing games?

5. sbhas2k

sbhas2k Well-Known Member
    Adept

Not by a quite margin

6. vyral_143

vyral_143 Jarvis
    Section Mod

Not worthy CPU gain. Camera gain could be significant

7. meetdilip

meetdilip Well-Known Member
    Adept

A lot of people compare G5 S Plus camera with Mi A1. There is no definite advantage for Mi A1 in those reviews as well.

8. soulweaver

soulweaver Offending Sensibilities
    Adept

I used the phone for a few days and while the phone and general performance were both impressive, I wasn't impressed.

This is purely personal. One, after having used several skins on android (predominantly samsung and sony) I find the stock a tad too feature starved.

The lack of a multicolour LED notification light is a deal breaker for me. I find it extremely useful. The always on display works but led colours for different contacts and all is something that is irreplaceable for me.

For everything else, the phone gets a go from me.

tommy_vercetti likes this.
  9. hitesh12

hitesh12 Well-Known Member
    Adept

So what's your recommendation under 15k?

10. soulweaver

Adept

Like I already said. This phone is good. It is recommended. For me, I need the notification light and stuff. The OP might not have an issue with it. If the latest OS is not an issue, maybe the Honor 7x? I think it has coloured LED. I am not sure about it though.

11. 6pack

6pack Well-Known Member
    ex-Mod

What phone did you get? Even I don't like phones without led. Can't makeout if I missed calls or messages or notifications anymore without switching on display.

12. soulweaver

Adept

I did not get any phone. I am still waiting for something that catches my fancy. I am getting rid of most of my devices currently. I plan to keep one phone (maybe two) and one tablet. I currently have 5 phones and 5 tablets. And each phone I have is a flagship (none of them current though).

Honestly, I was considering not wasting anymore money on flagships (thought I got all of mine for under 30k). I was seriously considering the V10 (Honor), but the lack of waterproofing is stopping me (not to mention the camera). I am looking at the A8+, but coming with Nougat is a no-no.

I am a Note fan, but was mighty unimpressed with the Note 8 (I have a Note 3 and a Note 10.1 2014 Tablet). The present one just seems somehow unfinished (not the hardware or the software alone, but the Wow factor I had when I first used the OG Note and Note 3 simply was missing with this one).

I know I did not directly answer your question, but that is the only answer I have.

If you are curious: Xperia Z Ultra, Note 3, LG V10, S6, Tab S2 8.0 are the devices that I most use along with iPhone 6 Plus, Lenovo Yoga 10.1 (Windows), Lenovo S850, Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows)

13. OP
    OP
    Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu Member
    Disciple

I got the One Plus 5T :cool:

Anyway thanks guys

14. nRiTeCh

nRiTeCh ╙TÉçhkⁿºwªy±iVé»╖
    Veteran

Xperia launcher is still the best among all phones. Neatly arranged and tons of inbuilt options to tweak.
    And yes the recent non availability of led indicator is a big turn off for me.
    Have seen recent phones who don't even have charging led indicator.

15. robertok33

robertok33 New Member
    Recruit

really? how is it going now ???

16. blr_p

blr_p Well-Known Member
    Veteran

It's getting increasingly difficult to find.

I liked it on the G4, not there on the V20 unless you keep the second screen on i suppose.

its been replaced with always on display these days

17. OP
    OP
    Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu Member
    Disciple

So far the experience has been good. Though I can't find any good cases for it so far. Currently using the Spigen case. I use it mainly for playing games

18. soulweaver

Adept

Thankfully sammy still seems to do it! Not on its tablets though, which is a pity.

19. Fertod

Fertod Member
    Disciple

Mi A1 is quite a good telephone model for its price. You will hardly find anything better for this money. I have already taken it for granted the fact thtat Xiaomi produce ideal phones for for the price they are launched for sale.

20. Gilarqt

Gilarqt New Member
    Disciple

Grab it guys in just 14k INR. I think it is an amazing and worthy price as compared with the camera and CPU. You have a good chance to purchase a beautiful phone for you in such an amount. Am I right folks in this regard?