Mi A1 deals

meetdilip

Adept
2k off on Flipkart

mi a1 12999.jpeg

@6pack There are rumours that we might get treble on this....
Is it fake Treble or real? On reddit, I'm seeing some complaints that some companies are updating N phones to O without any Treble support in hardware. If the phone really supports Treble, it will get upto 3 years of security patches and updates according to Google. Pushing out the updates falls on manufacturers for some stupid reason only Google knows. I think Treble has become another half assed implementation by Google.

Btw, Is your A1 phone working okay? wasn't something wrong with it?

^IIRC, Project Treble needs Linux kernel support of 4.4+

Recently, again if my memory serves right, OnePlus stated that they would need to update kernel along with Oreo in order to support Treble, which poses risk of bricking devices, they chose to skip it.

Also in one of article, it was mentioned that phones which come with Oreo out of the box would have better change of compatibility with Treble.

Is it fake Treble or real? On reddit, I'm seeing some complaints that some companies are updating N phones to O without any Treble support in hardware. If the phone really supports Treble, it will get upto 3 years of security patches and updates according to Google. Pushing out the updates falls on manufacturers for some stupid reason only Google knows. I think Treble has become another half assed implementation by Google.

Btw, Is your A1 phone working okay? wasn't something wrong with it?

As of now, with the beta Oreo build, its does not have Teble. The main advantage of Treble is for custom ROMs - you can just boot an AOSP build without needing any extra headache.

^IIRC, Project Treble needs Linux kernel support of 4.4+

Recently, again if my memory serves right, OnePlus stated that they would need to update kernel along with Oreo in order to support Treble, which poses risk of bricking devices, they chose to skip it.

Also in one of article, it was mentioned that phones which come with Oreo out of the box would have better change of compatibility with Treble.

I would say OP will use this to sell OP6 (and others will use this to sell more phones). Oreo would mostly be the last version for 5T. Otherwise, why would people keep purchasing the newer devices every 6 months!

Updating the kernel and all - I think that is scaremongering. Mi A1 ticks the boxes for partitioning, which was the main reason.

I hope that Google enforces Treble and 4.4 for Android P.

Back