Masters in networking

Hello everyone, I want to do masters in US. I am an engineering passout but with absolutely no interest in programming(which did mess up my degree). Now i want to get serious about my career, and since the only fields I am interested are computer hardware(requires knowledge of EC) and networking (CCNA,MCSA type of stuff). Can you suggest me any branch for masters in networking which will require no knowledge of programming? Also please suggest me any good colleges for that if you know.

I have given GRE and scored 312 in that, will retake my exam and try to get 320+. But my engineering degree is very bad, 60% with a semester back.

I already tried asking this question in appropriate places but got no satisfying answer. That why you guys are my last hope.

Thanks in advance

If u are planning to work in the field of computers, knowledge of maths and algorithms are a must.
Computer Networks can be fun but syllabus is vast and dynamic, one of the most difficult subjects I can say- until u master it. Oh it has shit loads of programming too.

I guess u had a shitty teacher, open nptel and MIT lectures. Or better attend gate classes in ace/made easy- they will drip feed you.
AS far as GRE score i concerned 312 is not bad....But which university are u planning to apply? Unless u graduated from iIT/NIT with some valid projects IVy league universities are out even if u score 340. Competition is nuts.

Thanks for replying.

Actually I am good in maths but never tried algorithms. As for computer networks, I don't know the course, but I was very good in my ccna and mcsa classes. I might need to brush up my basics and I will be good to go. But I am skeptical about programming part because I never faced it in ccna training. I will surely try the lectures you recommended.

Yes my teachers were bad. But I cant blame them, I know I have no interest in programming. I can force myself to learn it and do things, but in the end that's not what I want.
About college, I am from a C/D tier college. Got selected through state exam(M.P.) and my college is no where near good. Again my fault that I messed up my entrance exams.

I am trying to get in University of Maryland Baltimore county/ College Park(Yes it is very very ambitious for me). But I know I am capable of getting into these colleges, Its just that my past mistakes are taking their toll. Is there anyhow I can increase the odds in my favor??

I would say join any of good institute which provide quality training of hardware and networking, get training and there are vast opportunities in it.

Back