Linux Mandriva 2009.0 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rahulyo said:
Pls Tell me ....

How can config. BSNL Data One connection in Mandriva 2009 ???

If you are using Ethernet interface on modem then configure network from network icon from system tray. Otherwise from "network and internet" from configure your computer.

First configure Ethernet with manual IP as

IP---192.168.1.8

Net mask--255.255.255.0

gateway-192.168.1.1

Then further again repeat same procedure for DSL

1.Choose connection as DSL

2.Select network interface of your modem.

3.Select provider as any.

4.Select connection protocol as PPPoE

5.Fill in username and pass word for Data one.

6.Select desired connection control as allow user to manage .

Now test connection and all done.

Enable disable connection from system tray icon by active interface pppo alone only.

virus32win said:
If you are using Ethernet interface on modem then configure network from network icon from system tray. Otherwise from "network and internet" from configure your computer.
First configure Ethernet with manual IP as
IP---192.168.1.8
Net mask--255.255.255.0
gateway-192.168.1.1
Then further again repeat same procedure for DSL
1.Choose connection as DSL
2.Select network interface of your modem.
3.Select provider as any.
4.Select connection protocol as PPPoE
5.Fill in username and pass word for Data one.
6.Select desired connection control as allow user to manage .
Now test connection and all done.
Enable disable connection from system tray icon by active interface pppo alone only.

Ok ...

Thanks ..

Yeah, I figured. All I see is:

Menu Editor

Switch to Classic Menu style

Application Launcher Settings

Panel Options

You are missing kpowersave package.Install package then run from system tools now you will have all options like suspend to Disk/Ram etc from system tray kpowersave icon.
94250902ij3.jpeg

kpowersave
KDE power management applet​
The package provides battery monitoring and suspend/standby triggers. It is based on the powersave package and therefore supports APM and ACPI. See powersave package for additional features such as CPU frequency scaling(SpeedStep and PowerNow) and more.

Keane 16 said:
Yeah, I figured. All I see is:
Menu Editor
Switch to Classic Menu style
Application Launcher Settings
Panel Options

virus32win said:
You are missing kpowersave package.Install package then run from system tools now you will have all options like suspend to Disk/Ram etc from system tray kpowersave icon.

94250902ij3.jpeg

kpowersave

KDE power management applet​

The package provides battery monitoring and suspend/standby triggers. It is based on the powersave package and therefore supports APM and ACPI. See powersave package for additional features such as CPU frequency scaling(SpeedStep and PowerNow) and more.

WTH 2009.0 doesn't come with kpowersaver ? I think it does !

Apart from that do an installl and after that your shutdown option should be like this

Its not Mandriva :p Its Paradus 2008 KDE 4 Live CD :p

Yes Mandriva 2009.0 doesn't have kpowersaver pre installed :( I am also missing these two options suspend to RAM/DISK in kick off menu.Only available through system tray icon.Further computer failed to awake after suspending to disk, it just hangs on mandriva bootup screen.

Darky, a couple of problems:

1. Control+W doesn't work on Firefox.

2. I can't seem to modify anything on my External hard drive. Read only. (It's FAT32, not NTFS)

SOS ;)

Edit:

Also need help installing DC++. The sudo commands for Ubuntu don't seem to work.

Keane 16 said:
Darky, a couple of problems:
1. Control+W doesn't work on Firefox.
2. I can't seem to modify anything on my External hard drive. Read only. (It's FAT32, not NTFS)

SOS ;)

Edit:
Also need help installing DC++. The sudo commands for Ubuntu don't seem to work.

1. Ctrl + W : - Is that suppose to close the curent tab ? If yes its working here ..
2. Try unmounting the drive cleanly from Windows and then try it.. Or Open Konsole

and type

Code:
su -
dolphin

Open the HDD Windows under Dolphin [root] and right click on the empty space ... and see if it works. ?

As for Dc++ is concerned which package are you looking for .. You can always install it for Mandrivas Add/Remove program , Mandriva repositories surpass Ubuntu in many ways..

virus32win said:
Yes Mandriva 2009.0 doesn't have kpowersaver pre installed :( I am also missing these two options suspend to RAM/DISK in kick off menu.Only available through system tray icon.Further computer failed to awake after suspending to disk, it just hangs on mandriva bootup screen.
Are you really sure ? Mandriva comes with powersaver and does allow you to Hibernate :) I did successful hibernate multiple times..

Control+W just randomly stops working. Probably a bug.

Nope, still can't delete anything from the external hard drive. :(

Can't find DC++ in add remove programs.

And when I use Pidgin on Mandriva, I get these random messages from MSN ids which you'd generally expect if your computer was infected with spyware.

Keane 16 said:
Control+W just randomly stops working. Probably a bug.
Nope, still can't delete anything from the external hard drive. :(
Can't find DC++ in add remove programs.

Ok for HDD open Mandriva CC and look for Hardware Tab under its click on Browse and Config Hardware . Your HDD will probably be detected there , post the SS of that Screen here..
WHihc particular DC++ program you are looking for ? ANy name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back