Linux Mandriva 2009.0 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandriva also going with OOo 3? Dang I hope Ubuntu makes the same decision... at least they went with kernel .27

Hey Darkstar, am trying downloading the Mandriva 2008 one version, 700mb file, is the KDE version better then GNOME, for newbies ?

^^Both are good :) I have only used Mandriva KDE :) It depends on the DE you use but am used to both of 'em.. I will say go for KDE:)

Ok, I have set aside 20Gb partion on one of my hard disks but it has 300 Gb data too,

Anything I should do before trying to install....

if unsure of what you are doing, its always better to take backup of the important data.

in the installation, you can use the 20gb partition for linux installation without disturbing the other partitions.

Ok, I dont know but have a strange issue, I burned the Spring 2008 CD version but when I load it, it shows the kernel loading screen and then the comp kinda hangs on a blank screen.

The prob is strange as I had the same issue when I tried installing Ubuntu, which I finally had to install via a USB drive.. I am downloading the 4,3Gb and will try the DVD later. My writer as well as hdd's are all working fine, had installed a windows version just some time back..

does running the update in system manager download all of these updates? i havent had a single update since i installed beta 2.

^^Ya ya saw that I hope they can lower the boot time below 30 :) and can provide some competition to Ubuntu booting speed :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back