Graphic Cards Looking to buy a new GPU for ~15K that'd work with a Corsair VX450W

kyvivek

Disciple
My current HD 7770 has started dying on me, so I figure now's a good time to replace it since I'm really looking forward to playing The Witcher 3 once it releases in 2 weeks. So yeah, I'm in the market for a new GPU that would be compatible with my current PSU (Corsair VX450W). 15K is as high as I'd like to go. Can of course add 1 or 2k to it, if absolutely needed. I'm clueless about the various brands and their service/warranty history, so if you could kindly point me to a reliable one, that'd be great. I'd like to get this done within 2 weeks ; not feeling patient enough to wait for the release of new cards. Besides, given my budget, I doubt it'd be worth it. Any input and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5-4440
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte H87M-D3H
    • GPU - AMD HD 7770 (Looking to replace this)
    • RAM - G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    • Monitor - Dell E228WFP
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • All of the above except the GPU
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any brand that has a good track record of post-sales service would be nice.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • GTA 5 at medium to high settings
    • Witcher 3 at medium to high settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • 1680x1050
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

gtx 960 would be the fastest you can get without having to upgrade the psu.
Other options would include the r9 280 and an older gen gtx 770 but both will require a 500w+ psu.
If you want to go lower down the price bracket then next cheapest would the r9 270x but it's significantly slower than the other 3 mentioned above (it will work with your current psu).

W.r.t to warranty i can tell you that there aren't any guaranteed reliable brands at all. all of them have issues when it comes to after sales.
Zotac has the longest warranty coverage - 5yrs with registration. The rest are 1/2/3 yrs.
Post what brands you are considering and others will point out pros/cons with it.

Back