Monitors Looking to buy a Dell U2515H

Arkon

Disciple
I am looking to buy a Dell U2515H monitor (or any similar WQHD monitor, suggestions welcome :) ). I emailed Dell about the monitor and they quoted 34k for it, which looks a bit on the higher side. Anywhere I can buy this in Mumbai?

I just purchased one. They quoted 24k. :)
Were you able to come across any other good WQHD monitor? Also, what were your requirements/uses?

I got delayed a bit in making the purchase. I subsequently contacted Dell in September and again in October and both times they said that the U2515h is out of stock :( They however quoted 35k for the U2715H which looks like quite a good deal, but about 5k more than my budget of 30k :(.

My primary use will be gaming. When did you buy your 2515H ? Surprising that you got one when they told me it was out of stock.

BTW, which email address did you use to contact Dell? The small business one, or the home one?

Last edited:
Oh, that's sad. I contacted them on Oct 21st. I can PM you the email ID of the guy whom I spoke with, if you want.
I received it just a couple of hours back and it looks amazing! I didn't use it yet, though. :p
Was cleaning up my desk and setting it all up.
U2715H will be great! I wanted to buy that too.. but my desk space was a constraint. You can easily negotiate with them. :)
Tell them that you will purchase it right away and stuff like that. Also, they might be willing to negotiate more if you purchase it towards the end of the month. :)

Yes please pm me the email. Thanks! BTW, which email address did you use to contact Dell? The small business one, or the home one?[DOUBLEPOST=1446538957][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey man, thanks a lot! I contacted the guy you said and he quoted me the same 24k for U2515H, without any negotiation. I have placed an order. Whole thing was done in 3 hours. They said it will be delivered in 3 weeks, hope it arrives sooner :).

Quite surprising though that the other sales rep said just yesterday the model wasn't available.

Last edited:
Yes please pm me the email. Thanks! BTW, which email address did you use to contact Dell? The small business one, or the home one?[DOUBLEPOST=1446538957][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey man, thanks a lot! I contacted the guy you said and he quoted me the same 24k for U2515H, without any negotiation. I have placed an order. Whole thing was done in 3 hours. They said it will be delivered in 3 weeks, hope it arrives sooner :).

Quite surprising though that the other sales rep said just yesterday the model wasn't available.

Hi,
I am about to purchase the U2515H, i got quotes ranging from 29K upwards. Just saw this post and i thought it was a fantastic price. so i thought if you could share me the email id of the guy you contacted.

also, how is the monitor ? any issues connecting with HDMI ?

I thought at least i would get an Yes or No. Anyways thanks guys.

I pm'ed you the contact. Give 1-2 days for people to reply to your posts as not many people check the forum very regularly.

I haven't received the monitor yet. They said 3 weeks for delivery, and its only been 10 days since I ordered.

I thought at least i would get an Yes or No. Anyways thanks guys.
Aw. You got hurt.
Like, Arkon said, give people a couple of days to reply before getting so emotional.

Anyway, about the monitor, I am guessing Arkon gave the same contact to you as I gave to him.
Monitor's great. No issues connecting at all. I use the DP cable to connect to my Mac. Although, I found a dead pixel (red on white) towards the right side of my screen. It's not noticeable unless you specifically look for it. Figured, replacement is too much of a hassle and left it. Maybe, I'll have it replaced sometime in the future.
Apart from that, everything's good. Setting it up was also very easy.

I got my U2515H delivered today. It has a vertical line down the middle :( :(. Most likely a manufacturing defect, need to get the monitor replaced :( Will have to follow up with Dell again starting Monday :(

Other than that, its a nice monitor :)

I got my U2515H delivered today. It has a vertical line down the middle :( :(. Most likely a manufacturing defect, need to get the monitor replaced :( Will have to follow up with Dell again starting Monday :(

Other than that, its a nice monitor :)
That's sad! I have a dead pixel on mine. Red on white. :(

I m facing weird problem with my Dell U2515H

1. Dead Pixel

2. Blinking. Like this :-

3. If restart the PC then monitor never get on. To turning it on need to remove cables , restart PC 4-5 time then it will on (sometimes not).

4. On HDMI no blinking or other problems but Max resolution 2048X1152.

5. Most of times goes in Power Server mode and not come back.

Overall Bad experience with Dell monitor

Last edited:
Have you bothered to contact where you got that monitor, because at that point, it is most likely you had a bad monitor rather than a bug on that line of displays. It is best to have it replaced especially if you still have a warranty on that item. If not, then I guess that's bad luck for you. I have a similar Dell monitor which I've had for awhile but have not had that type of issue so I can say that it might be more of an isolated issue for you.

Have you bothered to contact where you got that monitor, because at that point, it is most likely you had a bad monitor rather than a bug on that line of displays. It is best to have it replaced especially if you still have a warranty on that item. If not, then I guess that's bad luck for you. I have a similar Dell monitor which I've had for awhile but have not had that type of issue so I can say that it might be more of an isolated issue for you.

Purchased it directly from Dell. Mailed them about the problem, waiting for the answer.

U have U2515H ?

Back