Windows Looking for a Windows 10 key

How to find out if the key you activated is Retail / OEM / MSDN??

I dont seem to find it in This PC properties or AIDA64 Extreme...
From my understanding MSDN is a subscription which has a lot of MS products. There are two types of keys OEM and RETAIL both of which are included in this subscription. Now coming to the point, on Windows 7 the product ID in your system properties window, used to have OEM in it. So it looks like <PRODUCT ID>OEM<PRODUCT ID> whereas for retail key you will not see any mention of OEM in the product ID. And OEM keys work for 3 different motherboards, that's my observation from the use of 2 OEM keys of windows 7. Coming to the legality of obtaining a key from MSDN, that I have no idea and can not comment on. I hope this answers the query.

slmgr -dli

This command when run in command prompt tells whether you have Retail or OEM licence....

As for MSDN key..... only way to find out seems from Product ID... first 3 digits... match it against Microsoft Licence list..

@ReVo_007 As for legality issue.... I think I will stick with Retail only...

Looking to get one from play-asia next time...

Thanks

MSDN keys after trying to verify activation does not show as Retail key.

But Retail keys show a specific Retail while trying to verify thecactivation status.

What is the best way to get win 10 pro key? Got a new xps13 which comes with win 10 home version... Upgrade cost 7500rs. Ebay or reddit?

What is the best way to get win 10 pro key? Got a new xps13 which comes with win 10 home version... Upgrade cost 7500rs. Ebay or reddit?
Ping avanil
I got a key from someone which was Win 8.1. I could enter that key directly when I was installing Win 10 Pro. (But I did this a long time ago - March/April 2017)

I will suggest you to buy an original license key from Microsoft because its an one time investment and because you do not want to get malwares and spywares.

I will suggest you to buy an original license key from Microsoft because its an one time investment and because you do not want to get malwares and spywares.
If you just use a key from eBay or reddit, you won't get any malware. If it gets activated properly, then it is an authorised version of windows and will receive all updates from microsoft

Back