Car & Bike Looking for a helmet at around 1K range.. Online??

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
Can someone suggest me a decent helmet that does its job of protecting the head very well..? I am looking for something that costs around 1K rs. Would prefer one with plain visor and very little graphics.

Can I get a good one online from ebay or the likes..?

Try to go fro Vega brand as their helmets are really good. I have 1 which I got 4 Rs900 & yeah do go 4 graphic helmets coz they provide better visiblity thn solids.:)

Buy it locally re, so that you can try them and decide. Would suggest you to get ones with plain visor rather than the tinted ones if you riding at night time.

^^ I checked a few local shops, but most of them were selling fakes (that is what I felt). But ebay also will not work, because when I contacted the sellers, they are not sure about the size - they just mention standard size.

So right now I have decided to buy one from Chennai when I'll be visiting later in Jan.

Thanks for all the help.. :)

^^ Valid point, don't order it from somewhere!

You need to try it out and see if you like it rather comfortable with it.

EDIT: You'll have a good selection to choose from, in Chennai. :)

^^ GP Road is probably where I'll be visiting, given the fact that my uncle is on the hunt for a good ICE within 15K budget.

Go to a Studds showroom in your area and try a Helmet which fits you like glove. Better go for a Full face and stay away from Ninja its a PIA if the locks get loose (and you can bust your chin if you fall on face). Try the Golf vent.

But as Helmets are long lasting (unless you have a major collision) I would say put some more money and go for AGV Street Road/ Race/ GT series.

Roxtin said:
Go to a Studds showroom in your area and try a Helmet which fits you like glove. Better go for a Full face and stay away from Ninja its a PIA if the locks get loose (and you can bust your chin if you fall on face). Try the Golf vent.

But as Helmets are long lasting (unless you have a major collision) I would say put some more money and go for AGV Street Road/ Race/ GT series.

I agree, don't go for Ninja, if u have a head on fall, the front flap opens up or breaks. i suggest Studds Jade (rs. 750) or Studds Premium (Rs. 850). I am using Jade for the last 1.5 yrs and its excellent. safely went through one head on fall. its rock solid. also the original visor is easily available for abt 150-200 . My suggestion would be the studds premium.

Vega and AGV are also very good, but they are little expensive than Studds. as your budget is rs. 1000, u may not find may models in AGV or Vega.

OP , request : please add 750 buks to the 1k and atleast get an AGV. U will get the non-graphic version for that much....and then u can get whatever graphix u want on it.

I am using a Studds Ninja for last 2 years. Bought one more for pillion too. I like it because of the front side opening. But that helmet weights a lot at about 1.25 Kg :mad:

raksrules said:
I am using a Studds Ninja for last 2 years. Bought one more for pillion too. I like it because of the front side opening. But that helmet weights a lot at about 1.25 Kg :mad:

^ :S what are you talking abt !......first of all u need a upgrade from the Ninja for sure....

Facts : the basic AGV weighs - 1.6 kgs and so does my new LS2 helmet. And 2 yrs is a LONG time you get accustomed to the weight factor. The neck muscles usually pain while they develop resistance / strength to the helmet. It is a concern if u are really very underweight.

My new LS2 gave me headaches for the starting 2 days. And from the past 2 days they have gone.

Not many realise this , but your riding style varies and depends a lot on your helmet.

and please guys, spending on helmets is not a waste of money as many think. ppl spend uber k's on hardware upgrades and what not. No new decent bike costs less than 50k's , but it leaves me wondering how come helmets and riding gear are not a preference. :huh:

In tech terms, helmet is treated like the PSU of the computer. A 500 buk crappy helmet would do the same job as a bottom line of even what a 5000 buk helmet would do, just like a 400watter iball would do compared to a 400watter cm/corsair :tongue: :rofl: rest we all know....

Roxtin said:
Better go for a Full face and stay away from Ninja its a PIA if the locks get loose (and you can bust your chin if you fall on face).

Damm, I am using the ninja, never thought of this point.

Will buy a new helmet this week.

Back