Video Looking for a '32' LCD TV

var89

Adept
Hi,

I looking to buy a 32 inch LCD tv. I am pretty confused by so many models. Plus i don'y get specific information like panel information. I'm looking for a good picture quality as main criterion.

budget less than or equal to 50k.

I guess Videocon 32" was listed around 24k in today's indiatimes special offers. Although you are looking for quality but just letting you know.

good picture quality would be only available when input is commensurate with it irrrespective of 720p or 1080p LCD u opt for.

var89 said:
my main purpose would be to watch normal television broadcast. I have IPTV , which i don't know is HD or not. once in a while some movie dvd's.

Dont go for full HDTV and prefer only 720p HDTV which is compatible to 1080p also and certainly economical also. May go for samsung series 4 LCD TV but dont go for series 5 and 6 which are costly being 1080p and may not be much of your use

Rave i don't have space for 42. Maximum size i can accommodate is 32 inches as its not for a living room.
Rave said:
THen get urself the Panasonic PV80 Plasma screen, last i checked, 42" was 58k, maybe its cheaper now

var89 said:
Rave i don't have space for 42. Maximum size i can accommodate is 32 inches as its not for a living room.

in that case, pick up the Panasonic LX80C or Sharp Aquos by having a demo of either of them, and whichever offers u the best price

yes i know panasonic gives out IPS panels which are very good.
i also want to know how good are sony samsung and lg in this segment. do they offer ips panels?.

Rave said:
in that case, pick up the Panasonic LX80C or Sharp Aquos by having a demo of either of them, and whichever offers u the best price

var89 said:
yes i know panasonic gives out IPS panels which are very good.
i also want to know how good are sony samsung and lg in this segment. do they offer ips panels?.

nope, the samsung IIRC has a SPVA or a PMVA panel, dunno much about LG although they are not exactly great to look at in the first place

well u can go for a sony which has a SPVA panel and has the highest contrast in 32inch lcds,the sony W series at 2500:1 measured static contrast.
the samsung series 5 and 6 are also good but more VFM they use the same panel in sony W series,although the samsung sometimes puts a CMO based SMVA panels which have sligtly washed out colors.
the panasonic and LG tv lack the contrast ratios given by sony and samsung and peak out around 1000:1.
but for normal sd tv viewing, 1080p lcds may not be the best choice.

the samsung series 5 and 6 are also good but more VFM they use the same panel in sony W series,although the samsung sometimes puts a CMO based SMVA panels which have sligtly washed out colors.
well i heard IPS panels are better than SPVA panels.

Is samsung very unreliable in terms of panels.

but for normal sd tv viewing, 1080p lcds may not be the best choice.
why do you think so. I heard IPTV will soon be HD.

the panasonic and LG tv lack the contrast ratios given by sony and samsung and peak out around 1000:1.
oh is that so.

adder said:
well u can go for a sony which has a SPVA panel and has the highest contrast in 32inch lcds,the sony W series at 2500:1 measured static contrast.
how much does it cost.

var89 said:
well i heard IPS panels are better than SPVA panels.

Is samsung very unreliable in terms of panels.
why do you think so. I heard IPTV will soon be HD.
oh is that so.
how much does it cost.

well IPS based tvs have a slight advantage in viewing angles,noticible when u are viewing at extreme angles.

well samsung tvs in US mostly use SPVA panels but in countries like india we get tv which have cmo panels which are based SMVA.this applies mostly to 32inch segment and guarranted in 37inch segment.

well a FHD when it recieves a normal SD content it will have to upscale a whole lot more then a normal HD lcd,which may result in some articfacts,offcouse it varies from brand to brand sony,samsung,toshiba,panasonic in no particular order have good image processing.

well a W series sony costs about 60k in showroom,but around 50k or less in grey market.

well even when the IPTV becomes HD, it'll be 720P and any lcd ou buy now will be capable of doing that

as i said, the Panasonic or Aquos will be your best bet

i just looked into W series from SONY. The specifications are stunning. its a 10 bit panel :hap2: plus its a SPVA also. looks good. better than samsung CMO panels.

adder said:
well IPS based tvs have a slight advantage in viewing angles,noticible when u are viewing at extreme angles.

well samsung tvs in US mostly use SPVA panels but in countries like india we get tv which have cmo panels which are based SMVA.this applies mostly to 32inch segment and guarranted in 37inch segment.

well a FHD when it recieves a normal SD content it will have to upscale a whole lot more then a normal HD lcd,which may result in some articfacts,offcouse it varies from brand to brand sony,samsung,toshiba,panasonic in no particular order have good image processing.

well a W series sony costs about 60k in showroom,but around 50k or less in grey market.

Considering your usage nothing above 720p, better save money and buy Panasonic TX-32LX800 Rs.36500/-, save about 20K.
By the way, Sony - KLV-32W400A retails for around Rs.57000/- and it is the next best offering.
Cheers.

in one of the earlier post i got that panasonic has a pretty low contrast ratio.

aman.pitbull said:
Considering your usage nothing above 720p, better save money and buy Panasonic TX-32LX800 Rs.36500/-, save about 20K.
By the way, Sony - KLV-32W400A retails for around Rs.57000/- and it is the next best offering.
Cheers.

Back