Logitech Driving Force Pro Racing Wheel on PC?

While i know the Logitech Driving Force Pro Racing Wheel is marketed for PS2 ive heard that people have actually been using it on PC too since it has a USB interface. So was wondering if any of you fellow geeks here have had any experience with that? If so how was the response. Does it work as well as it works on a ps2? or is there something lacking... How different is the force feedback on a PC? Are you stil able to use it fine or does it not work at all?? Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Well man it depends its a good wheel for both PC and PS2 but if ur looking at something only for the PC i suggest a MOMO if budget is not a problem G25 or u can even pre order a logitech G27.

No im actually looking for something that works on both pc and ps2.. but just wasnt sure if all that amazing force feedbacks tat u get on a ps2 would be also available on a pc... i don know if they have force feedback drivers available for pc

Thanks very much Params7 for the reply.. But i guess m question stil remains "...but just wasnt sure if all that amazing force feedbacks tat u get on a ps2 would be also available on a pc?? "

yes you do, i dont know why driving force pro and driving force gt is not advertised for PC as well, they both are excellent wheels

Thanks a lot for the information Rave... :) I guess i have more reasons to consider this wheel now.. What is the difference btw the DFP and DF GT wheel actually.. ??

liquidmetal99 said:
Thanks a lot for the information Rave... :) I guess i have more reasons to consider this wheel now.. What is the difference btw the DFP and DF GT wheel actually.. ??

slight design changes and somewhat better build quality i think, and df gt has a 900* turning angle, i dont know howmuch dfp has though, howmuch are you getting the dfp for?

Rave said:
howmuch are you getting the dfp for?

Well.. ive looked around a bit and have found some deals online which are about 7k for the DFP. I see that youre from hyd.. Would you by any chance have any idea where's the best place to look for one in hyd? The deals i found are not from hyd..
Thanks in advance again! :)

liquidmetal99 said:
Well.. ive looked around a bit and have found some deals online which are about 7k for the DFP. I see that youre from hyd.. Would you by any chance have any idea where's the best place to look for one in hyd? The deals i found are not from hyd..
Thanks in advance again! :)

makes no sense to go for DFP at that price when you can get DF GT off ebay for 8kish

and I dont know of any shop in hyd that'll have these in stock, so you'd have to order em

So youre saying the DF GT would be a better choice even if i have more use on a pc than on my ps2... i just want it for gran turismo on the ps2... otherwise everything else wil be on pc... i believe the DF GT is marketed by logitech like its made for ps3... it works fine with ps2 too?

Yeah hydie is a costly place when it comes to stuff which is rare, obel computers quoted 25k for a G25 racing wheel where as in bangalore it was 16k. I doubt if u can get a Drive Force GTS for 7k here.

ure from hyderabad right? get in touch with Bhoomika computers at ctc, and contact manish there, give him my reference and ask for the price of two df gts, a friend of my was looking to buy maybe multiple order would get a discount

Back