Graphic Cards Logical Upgrade from 7950

dilpreet

Disciple
I am currently using 7950 3gb card which has served me without any issues for the last 3 years and i had no issues till date.
Now with the launch of so many new cards i was thinking weather i should go ahead and buy one of those or not
Below are my requirements:-
>I am not a fan of all the FPS and benchmarks .All i care is that the game should run without any stutter at max/ultra(if required) settings on 1080p resolution.
>I have never overclocked my card or any other component and probably i wont ever.
>Currently i am using a 7950 reference which is playing fallout 4 at ultra settings without any issues and the cpu is a AMD X4 965BE

I want your suggestion that should i upgrade to a new card like(R9 280X,GTX970 etc..) OR
would it be a overkill to go for these cards since i am planning to only play at 1080p resolution most of the times and maybe at higher maybe once in a while since i am least bothered about it
Also will my CPU bottleneck in case i go for a new card?

Last but not least I want suggestions as to which card should i go for as an upgrade /Which card would be a logical upgrade in terms of performance and future proofability(if thats is a correct word at all) because i dont want to spend money on a new card just for the heck of it.

Appreciate your suggestions

So for 1080p a 970 can handle almost ANY game at high/max settings(if the rest of your system can back it up)

But a 960 can do decent performance as well but with slightly lowered settings for 1080p and of course is easier on your budget.

I personally use a G1 Gaming 960 due to budget restraints but it gets the job done well enough for a much lower cost, but of course it only has 2GB of ram as opposed to the 970; so for newer releases it seems that more vram would be better and a 970 would last you longer as opposed to a 960 in terms of keeping up with new launches.

Hope this helps :)

Back