Laptops Little known bargains - Used enterprise laptops

Anecdotes, can't reach an conclusions with that :)

Consumer grade PC's are iffy no matter where you get them. Just look at user reviews,

Corporate grade are more durable. Dell latitude over say Dell inspiron

i've heard the 'India is a dumping ground line' a bit too often over the years.

Really ? then why apple can't sell iphone refurbs here then

Consumer grade PC's are iffy no matter where you get them. Just look at user reviews,

I don't know about computers but they definitely do this with cars sold here. If you compare post-crash pics of swifts you'll be able to see missing protection bars in Indian models. But this is probably more due to cost and lower crash safety requirements.

One thing that contributes to the premature failure of electronics in india is the mosisture, dust, and heat. This causes the HSF to got blocked up, fan bearings to deteriorate, and fan to run more, leading to premature wear and tear, overheating and premature death

Example - an indian cassette deck i opened up
SOWkjsk.jpg

Foreign decks, even older ones, looked like they just came out of the factory

Its just a feeling.

Sony VAIO -

5 samples - 2 of mine, 4 friends. All use regularly. Indian one - plastic broken etc. USA - no such issue. Friends - Singapore and UK still good condition. Indian ones - one dead other power IC failure.

I still use my 2010 Sony Vaio VPCEB26FG, no cracks or worn out plastics till date, no replaced parts and surprisingly battery life is still 1.5 hrs.
The only maintenance I do is blow clean the vents and replace thermal compound yearly.

Quite true. But that is one place where I dont see any difference - an iPhone/Mac/iPad retain quality irrespective of location.

No.I disagree with Apple stuff as well.my iPhone 6s bought in India already underwent two battery replacement so far in two years and iPhone SE bought in USA,used by better half in same conditions but more strenuously is going strong and battery still showing 96 percent capacity.
How do we explain this ?

Same happened with father's iPad mini also.its already sold off owing to display dimming after two years but mother's ipad mini 2 is still going strong despite her more use.

I have worked in apple and believe me its full of crap and jugaad. I already explained their shit zols in other threads. Its all hera pheri and they are its masters. They will even ask you to pay for part which got nothing to do with the issue you facing coz the original parts are put on another gadget and its cost is put on you indirectly.

No.I disagree with Apple stuff as well.my iPhone 6s bought in India already underwent two battery replacement so far in two years and iPhone SE bought in USA,used by better half in same conditions but more strenuously is going strong and battery still showing 96 percent capacity.
How do we explain this ?
Your use.

Though you think its less strenuous put more stress on the battery than your other half ?

Don't know but i have a samsung that will be four years soon and its battery is still working fine, not as long as new but not bad. I have a tab that would not boot up just before its 4th b'day. Battery still good even though it got used everyday i had it. I really hammered it. Both made in vietnam

Last edited:
Quite true. But that is one place where I dont see any difference - an iPhone/Mac/iPad retain quality irrespective of location.
If you watch phones. Every flagship that ever came out in the last few years has people complaining about them in the first couple of months. After that time period any defects get worked out and fewer people complain. There are exceptions but they remain exceptions.

On XDA these people come from all over. You just bought a pixel 2 XL recently. Oh so much BS was said about the screen on that phone.

Funny thing you never see any where near this drama if its a budget phone. Those must all be made like perfect :D

Last edited:
Use is calls WhatsApp and browsing.never gamed much.and photos when on tour.
I still feel the quality of stuff is less when made for sale in india.
I decided to import only.

Was looking at LG's V series and the difference in price between the V30 sold in India and abroad. To top things we get a 128gb version here. The west only gets 64GB. They get a branded pair of earphones over stock sold here and pay $200 extra. Couldn't find a difference between the Indian dual sim and the single sim sold abroad. If there are issues they are common but not particular.

Earlier V series that were dual sim only had single stream wifi. Single sim variant offered dual stream wifi. This wasn't an India thing it was a dual sim thing

Guess what, the V30 is dual sim and dual stream wifi as well. You'd be crazy to import it from abroad when the local version is better spec'd and costs less.

Back