LIMRAS ERONET Fiber Connection @Ambattur Chennai

rahulpayne

Disciple
ERONET is laying fiber in Ambattur OT region.( Ambattur Bus stand to Gangai Nagar)

For Your Infomation:
  • They already have connection in down south of chennai ( Friend is getting around 38 for 40Mpbs plan)
  • Backbone is provided by Airtel (48Mpbs as of now will increase with demand)
  • Price mention below are exclusive of Taxes (add 15%)
  • Its PREPAID
  • Installation charges Rs2000 , Rs1000 refunded when uninstalled.(You need to pay 2k+Plan+Tax)
  • Ethernet (RJ45) will be terminated at your home.(just like ACT)
  • No online payment as of now (Cash only)
  • Below are plans for Ambattur OT Only (it varies with location)
  • And Ofcourse service wont be great :D
Contact Person : John Babu 08682989900

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-10 at 18.46.17 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-10 at 18.46.17.jpeg

Last edited:
>48mbps
Is this a typo?

>Service won't be great
Airtel, ACT, YOU or Tikona tier?

Do you get higher speeds on peered (google etc) content?

>48mbps
Is this a typo?

>Service won't be great
Airtel, ACT, YOU or Tikona tier?

Do you get higher speeds on peered (google etc) content?

yes 48Mbps . Max contention ratio is 1:50 I hope you are aware of TRAI guidelines

Its managed by small (2~5) number of guys so not even close to ACT thats what i meant.

I just applied for it . Yet to get connection. Will post my speed with peered sites[DOUBLEPOST=1474816110][/DOUBLEPOST]Update

• Its GPON. (Obviously)
  • Trunk cable carries 6 fiber from OLT to splitter which terminates near my home
  • From splitter you get 2 fiber cable (you need only one) which terminates directly to your home on ONU (Inside your home :) a true FTTH)
OFC (2F FTTH)
====
WhatsApp Image 2016-09-25 at 20.37.31.jpeg

ONU
======
WhatsApp Image 2016-09-24 at 02.15.47.jpeg

BACK
WhatsApp Image 2016-09-24 at 02.15.47 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
I think that high contention ratio would be only good if there was a small FUP. And even so, they would serve only around 400-500 customers, but according to their site they have expanded. I guess this bandwidth is only for their local branch.

Do tell what speed you are getting and how peering with Google is. I guess the reliability will be good with FTTH.

@r19 You are right its for local Ambattur branch. Like i said in first post its Ambattur plan it varies with region and the last mile setup too.

Google peering ? Uploading and downloading with google drive,email,picasa etc?

BF4 shows 35~50 ms for Singapore server :)
Pic.PNG

I opted for 1499 plan 10Mbps plan
5677577216.png

@r19 You are right its for local Ambattur branch. Like i said in first post its Ambattur plan it varies with region and the last mile setup too.

Google peering ? Uploading and downloading with google drive,email,picasa etc?

BF4 shows 35~50 ms for Singapore server :)
View attachment 66991

I opted for 1499 plan 10Mbps plan
5677577216.png

That seems nice. Is that during peak times? How's the speed to international servers?

Google Peering gives higher speed for all Google service, and most importantly Youtube. I think it is either free or cheap for an ISP. You should check your YT speed I guess, and if 4k streams fine.

YT 4k (DU meter)

YT.PNG

Taken around 8:30 AM

5685420882.png

5685423394.png

5685425104.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1475588041][/DOUBLEPOST]And yeah in general you need at least 25Mbps for streaming 4k . Google own recommendation is around 35Mbps

Last edited:
ERONET is laying fiber in Ambattur OT region.( Ambattur Bus stand to Gangai Nagar)

For Your Infomation:
  • They already have connection in down south of chennai ( Friend is getting around 38 for 40Mpbs plan)
  • Backbone is provided by Airtel (48Mpbs as of now will increase with demand)
  • Price mention below are exclusive of Taxes (add 15%)
  • Its PREPAID
  • Installation charges Rs2000 , Rs1000 refunded when uninstalled.(You need to pay 2k+Plan+Tax)
  • Ethernet (RJ45) will be terminated at your home.(just like ACT)
  • No online payment as of now (Cash only)
  • Below are plans for Ambattur OT Only (it varies with location)
  • And Ofcourse service wont be great :D
Contact Person : John Babu 08682989900

View attachment 66612

View attachment 66613
Any information about the coverage in ambattur OT area???

Tamil Nadu has poor internet packs - I get 10 Mbps in Ghatkopar which is considered a premium area for 9K yearly. In Hosur, where we have a guest house, I am paying similar rates for a 4M line. Oh, and this is from Railwire.

Tamil Nadu has poor internet packs - I get 10 Mbps in Ghatkopar which is considered a premium area for 9K yearly. In Hosur, where we have a guest house, I am paying similar rates for a 4M line. Oh, and this is from Railwire.

Then my area must be ultra premium. i pay 10.5k per year for just 2Mbps without fup.
Seriously, all these 8-10Mbps plans don't go to rest of Indian small cities and towns at these low prices. Maybe all these ISP's are conspiring to keep such good rates to metros only. If I knew how to make an ISP and got money from banks I would target all the smaller cities and towns and give minimum 10Mbps speeds and sell data only plans like 500GB @ 600 or so per month if business sense made it possible.

I have thought before that one reason could be that many people just don't take internet connections, though now the number would be much higher. But most people might not want to pay 600+. Though main reason I think is you have to have some clout to prevent cable cutting and so most LCO will just give poor plans without fear of any real competition.

Back