Limbo - Discussion Thread

My favoritest part was this:

Pulling the spider's leg from the spider :eek:hyeah:! Oh man after witnessing the horrific ways by which it would kill you, I felt so badass :D

I was quick in figuring out the mosquito part.
But I was stuck at the start of chapter 21 (X360 version). It was quite a pain to figure out that puzzle.

kvikram said:
My favoritest part was this:

Pulling the spider's leg from the spider :eek:hyeah:! Oh man after witnessing the horrific ways by which it would kill you, I felt so badass :D

Amen! :D

Ethan_Hunt said:
I was quick in figuring out the mosquito part.
But I was stuck at the start of chapter 21 (X360 version). It was quite a pain to figure out that puzzle.

Which one was it? :)

I was stuck at this part:

The part you had to pull a cart on a slope, jump on it, and then jump from there to an upper electrified platform and run across it before the cart hit the electric switch. The solution was easy to figure out, but it was many, many tries before I timed the jump right.

Just completed the title. The ending was pretty good although it is left to us to interpret what must've happened all along. The game however had no flaws whatsoever! Short and sweet. :D

Here's a good article from Gamesradar about the several stories behind the game and the ending by the authors - Limbo: what does it all mean? | GamesRadar

Spoiler alert on that one!

Limbo

http://www.breakmygame.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/limbo_030210_cover13.jpeg

Definitely one of the best games i have ever played , don;t let the small installation size foo you into believing this one is a small and easy timepass flash game or something. Yes , its Black and White . There;s hardly much audi except for the rustle of grass and machines moving. The game charachter is a sillhoutte of a boy in the dark/

But this is one of the finest games you will come across.

Just started playing the game yesterday night and I'm already halfway through it. Have to say that this is the most impressive 2D platformer game I've played this year. Totally genius. :)

Just finished the game and indeed, the game was superb though I felt that the ending was abrupt. Here is my interpretation of the ending:-
Both the boy and his sister(?) are dead. Reason: After the credits roll, the screen flashes back to the tree house, with nothing but two flies. Throughout the game we see flies hovering over dead bodies.
Also quoting down a theory which sounds perfect to me. Read somewhere on the internet.
You know what they say when you have a near death experience; They say that your life flashes right through your eyes. And that is what this game is about. A brother and a sister were in an accident, but just before the brother dies, he recounts his whole life up till the point of the accident.

At first you are in a forest, as a child who has no obligation to the world, he could just wonder around. The spider I'd say is a metaphor to all the insecurities you have to go through in your childhood. Then as he got older, and maybe started school, he was bullied. Hence the other children at this point in the game. After school, he started working in some kind of a factory. The way I see it, the girl he sees the first time is not his sister, but maybe the love of his life, or maybe some kind of unrequited love since he never actually gets to her.

Now I'm not so sure about what is going on in his life after that point, but I'd say that when you find the switches that spin the world, his life was at a turning point. And maybe later on his life went so upside down that he actually committed a suicide. But the way how they died is clear: It was a car accident. In the main menu, if you look at the thing in the upper right corner, you'll notice the thing is actually in the shape of a car. The front wheels are visible. And right before the end the main character actually flies through a glass: It's actually the windshield.

So that's it. This game is a about a car accident and the last moments before the guy's death.

It makes sense up until the suicide part. I would change that turning upside down wasn't suicide. Just the hardships that a lot of people go through that they feel turns their world in circles.

Also, the game takes place as a little boy because that is when we feel most vulnerable. We feel small and defenseless even though as children we feel we can figure out the world. He might have just been remembering just how little he knew as he took his last stroll through his life.
Overall, an awesome experience. Genuine masterpiece. My rating: 8.5/10.

Started playing Limbo and played a few levels.

Man what a game this is! Really amazing. It's so simple yet so very intriguing.

The levels are dark and creepy. No music makes it more beautiful. :D

Ripping apart the spider's leg, rolling his body and using it to climb up was so awesome. :p

It was very satisfying to squish those evil brats too. :D

I always love it when in movies/games they show small innocent looking kids doing scary things. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Completed this today. It's simply brilliant!! :D

That slow motion ending where he breaks through the glass was uber amazing!! :D

Don't you just love it when makers leave the ending like that so the viewers/players can interpret their own meaning? :p

I agree with the theory that the boy is dead. His sister is dead too. Before dying he experiences a flashback of his life from childhood to adult and the difficulties he had to face throughout. At the end you can see the girl kneeling down and a white light shining. I suppose she is waiting for him and both go to heaven together.

Back