Video LG Smart TV video issue

swatkats

Skilled
I have a 2.5yr old LG 43LF5900, Apparently one fine day the video stopped and i could hear only audio.

Initially after calling up a local LG technician, We thought it was motherboard problem and i thought the same!
Up on checking the motherboard it worked fine and the fault was with Video processor (Technician calls it video runner) .. Audio can be heard and NO VIDEO! Panel need not to be changed.

We use DTH (No chance of Voltage fluctuations).

He quotes 9500 including repair charges..

Family members suggest calling up LG company technician for proper resolution but I'm sure THEY would quote 50% of the TV price (19k?)

Selling it without repairing won't give much either except a few thousands. Suggestions?

Local guy. I'm ready to pay up to 50% for repair costs because replacement cost is higher still.

Is there any harm in getting the LG company tech in for a second opinion.

I find it strange that the panel conks out after just 2.5 yrs. How many hours a day do you run it ?

Sometimes this is just a busted capacitor somewhere but i don't know. Search around there are quite a few people who have DIY a solution with sammy sets when the repair guy said panel dead. That will be a much cheaper fix if it is indeed the case

Local Tech has offered to give a discount and apparently -- Work is done at labs. Final Quote 8500; 3 months tech warranty.

Back