LG P500 Discussion Thread

messi4lyf said:
I had placed near crt monitor, I don't think that will be the reason...may be this is a defective piece...will the service people replace the phone or only lcd? Any ideas?
Can you put up a screenshot here?

messi4lyf said:
Hi, I went to a shop and compared with an O1 there..that tft and mine are almost alike..so I believe there is no issue with the tft....

Today, I restarted the phone as it was stuck somehow...I guess Opera mini was not responding...I believe that a restart will stop all the programs...bt after the restart, I found that some of my apps in SD card was missing..that include opera mini,cam scanner,tubemate etc..Why those things disappeared ?Any1 having similar issue ?

Also, I am not able to set the wall paper from the stock file manager or astro ...when I chose the file manager to set the wall paper, it appears that process.com.cooliris...something..force close...Any1?

Aha! The infamous missing app bug. If you're running on stock rom, this is bound to happen... It will happen only when you move apps to the sd card. I suggest you move them back to your phone memory. OR Install a custom rom. I'm currently running on Void and the issue is terminated.
@bh!4u said:
Flashed with Cyanogen mod 7(Release 6.2) by mik_os , experiencing shutdowns while playing games like angry birds, home run etc. Cannot figure out why this is happening.
That is prolly due to kernel panics. Honestly, CM7 for O1 is a dream come true. But I'd wait around until its out of the beta state if I were you...

messi4lyf said:
^^ thanks...I have already uninstalled those apps and re installed...will do as told by u if it occur again...

Oh it will! The moment you move a dozen apps onto the sd card. For a few out there, this was solved by swapping in a faster SD card (class 6 or higher). I got myself a class 4 card but the issue was still persistent. Custom rom is the way to go :)

blueren said:
Can you put up a screenshot here?

How to take a screenshot?Any app for that ? I am a noob..:huh:
blueren said:
Oh it will! The moment you move a dozen apps onto the sd card. For a few out there, this was solved by swapping in a faster SD card (class 6 or higher). I got myself a class 4 card but the issue was still persistent. Custom rom is the way to go :)

gr8..it happened again...I bought this phone 3 weeks ago...Today, I installed one applanet market (I found about that in an android forum)..I tried to install fifa10..it downloaded something and gt the message about some package..I don't remember that..again I tried to download poweramp pro..that also failed..Then I tried one musicplayer Pro(I am desperate to have a good music player..:()While downloading that,the phone turned off ..Why this thing is turning off???:mad:
I restarted and the app went missing...I opened file manager and the issue was fixed..:)
How to determine the class of SD card? Will that b written on the package of SD card?

Also, I am staying @ cbd belapur and using a docomo connection now the gprs plan is good...bt thing is that it has range in only some areas inside the house...:( I am planning to switch to airtel,but I think 3G tower is not there in my area..which will be a good connection considering gprs speed and some chota recharge offers ?

messi4lyf said:
How to take a screenshot?Any app for that ? I am a noob..:huh:

Screen shots can be taken using apps like -shoot me- or -screen shot it- However in your case, you will have to take a pic of the phones display.. using a camera. A screenshot app won't show you physical damages.

gr8..it happened again...I bought this phone 3 weeks ago...Today, I installed one applanet market (I found about that in an android forum)..I tried to install fifa10..it downloaded something and gt the message about some package..I don't remember that..again I tried to download poweramp pro..that also failed..Then I tried one musicplayer Pro(I am desperate to have a good music player..:()While downloading that,the phone turned off ..Why this thing is turning off???:mad:

I restarted and the app went missing...I opened file manager and the issue was fixed..:)

How to determine the class of SD card? Will that b written on the package of SD card?

If its the sd card you got with the phone itself, its Class 2. USusally, the class of the card will be imprinted on the card itself.. inside a circle. Similar to a copyright circle.

Also, I am staying @ cbd belapur and using a docomo connection now the gprs plan is good...bt thing is that it has range in only some areas inside the house...:( I am planning to switch to airtel,but I think 3G tower is not there in my area..which will be a good connection considering gprs speed and some chota recharge offers ?
There has been a lot of complains with airtel with regard to various matters. Check with your local dealer. I'm currently running on vodafone edge network. I usually get 160+ kbps almost all the time (Bangalore)

blueren said:
Screen shots can be taken using apps like -shoot me- or -screen shot it- However in your case, you will have to take a pic of the phones display.. using a camera. A screenshot app won't show you physical damages.

I've tried to take the snap using a digi cam..bt the image is not good as I'm taking the photo of TFT..I tried screenshot..screen shot do not show that darkness appearing on my display..

blueren said:
If its the sd card you got with the phone itself, its Class 2. USusally, the class of the card will be imprinted on the card itself.. inside a circle. Similar to a copyright circle.

I exchanged the sd card with a 4 GB sandisk at that store itself..I don't knw its class as I didn't received the cover of Sandisk..
blueren said:
There has been a lot of complains with airtel with regard to various matters. Check with your local dealer. I'm currently running on vodafone edge network. I usually get 160+ kbps almost all the time (Bangalore)
Have u ever tried docomo @ bangalore...When I was there @ bangalore,I had one docomo sim and I used to get the 3G dwnld speed...that was for jst rs.48/- I dont knw its still like that..I got that speed in last february..U need to recharge and activate 3G..

1. Use macro mode in camera.. that will do.

2. The class of the sd card will be printed on the sd card itself. Not just the cover.

3. Last time i tried docomo (friend's) it was offering 1.2Mbps of downlink speed.. Although there used to be frequent loss of connection

friends,
i bought LG O1 trough letsbuy after 15% off coupon :clap:
but the problem i am facing, i am getting a messege from reliance gsm service that my handset is not gprs capable :mad:
i told the CC but had to finally approach mobile store and got manual settings for it , but i can not access any secured site and thus no gmail, orkut and can not even visit android market or can not set up a facebook or gmail account as well :(,
settings are :
APN : rcomwap
proxy 10.239.221.5
port : 8080

i called CC again and now they realised reliance gsm supports LG P500 and not LG optimus one P500 :S
they sent me settings which i installed and now i can not access anything

Can anyone share reliance gprs settings...i cann't approach reliance store again...as i am out of station and there is no provision for it. please guys, any help on this or please share your reliance gsm gprs settings....

^^ finally u fixed LG...\m/

Once I visited a reliance store...They told me that they have some issues in GSM Gprs service...They told me that I won't get GPRS in Reliance GSM!!!!Why Reliance? I heard that reliance GSM is not so good..IMO, Jst switch to some good GSM connection

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

blueren said:
1. Use macro mode in camera.. that will do.
2. The class of the sd card will be printed on the sd card itself. Not just the cover.
3. Last time i tried docomo (friend's) it was offering 1.2Mbps of downlink speed.. Although there used to be frequent loss of connection
1.http://www.esnips.com/doc/91224e69-f758-4eda-8ddd-038cf5b97c18/IMG_1056-copy

I took the snap in super macro, the image appeared to be 4 MB.I compressed...and uploaded ..please take a look at that..I don't think it is possible to take a proper picture ..If u zoom the photo, u can see that in the bottom, it appears to be little darker...

2.its class 4, its written like that copyright c

3.Yes, Docomo will lose signal while travelling..bt they won't steal money like airtel...I took an Airtel SIM for testing the internet Speed.I had gprs validity for my docomo till 25th ..so, I was planning to recharge airtel after that...I haven't been using that SIM at all..I have an old phone, I kept the SIM on that..All of a sudden, I received message from Airtel stating that I have renewed some Job Tip pack and I will be deducted Re.1/day!!!!!!!!:huh:gr8 ..I had only rs 1.50 in my a/c then it became .49, then -1.49 , -2.49!!!!! I didn't even received any so called TIPS!!!!!:mad: So, as of now, I'm sticking to Docomo..KEEP IT SIMPLE,SILLY....:D

I have placed an order now on letsbuy.com for Lg P500 at 8712Rs. If anyone purchased anything from letsbuy please give a review.

First ever Online purchase. Worried.!! Is letsbuy trust worthy.?? Do they give proper bill , warranty and sealed package.?

prashanthsimha said:
I have placed an order now on letsbuy.com for Lg P500 at 8712Rs. If anyone purchased anything from letsbuy please give a review.

First ever Online purchase. Worried.!! Is letsbuy trust worthy.?? Do they give proper bill , warranty and sealed package.?

proper bill , warranty and sealed package : all these things are absolutely fine, do not worry about it !!

but do not expect to get a reply from their customer care in case you send a mail or call...!!

package will arrive at the said cost, if not in 4 days then 5....but surely will be there.... :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

messi4lyf said:
^^ finally u fixed LG...\m/

Once I visited a reliance store...They told me that they have some issues in GSM Gprs service...They told me that I won't get GPRS in Reliance GSM!!!!Why Reliance? I heard that reliance GSM is not so good..IMO, Jst switch to some good GSM connection

got it fixed man along with reliance gsm gprs as well :) .....yeah and i decided to go for it...was tight on budget and as if was my first...thought i can take risk with a cheaper device (cost wise of course :p)

Btw guys one more question, if the LG O1 with 512 ram shows as around 233 mb ram available what about phones with 256mb ram??

I have called them up.. They said me it will take 4-7 days to deliver.

have chosen the COD option .. NO WORRIES ...

IF any one plans to buy it for 8712Rs @ letsbuy... Hurry.!! Offer ends today :|

Guys, got a new problem..While I was trying to download a video using tubemate my O1 restarted twice in 30 minutes.(I tried to download again after the first restart)..Also, when I tried to dwnld 1 song using opera mini, it turned off the phone...Why this restart and shut down thing happens ? I was told by a frnd that restart thing always occur in android, is that true ?

Will apps like android booster and launcher pro drains the battery ?:huh:
Is there a way to change the startup things in an unrooted (do not want to experiment with the phone as of now:( ) phone ?

There isn't much you can do with an un rooted phone. Play with it for a week maybe. Then get into the real deal ;)

The phone isn't supposed to restart on its own.. at least not so frequently.

@messi4lyf : I am using tubemate to download videos on my O1 since past 2 months, almost 3-4 videos every week over EDGE.

And in the past 2 months I have never faced a restart...

Confirm if the SD card has some problem?

messi4lyf said:
^^Is there a way to check SD card ?

The funny thing is that, I was trying to dwnld one sai baba trick video... :p

First try downloading any file from a website and see if the problem reproduces.

Then try a spare card... or a friends card for testing downloads

1) Is there any ways to uninstall the pre-installed applications, like Indian music, bollywoodji...etc etc??

2) sorry for being a noob, but how can we decide the start up applications? i mean yahoo IM gets started when the phone boots....so any application to limit start up items, which might make some memory free?

Back