LG P500 Discussion Thread

hello guys, I just bought LG O1 today...When I purchased, the sales boy told me to upgrade to 4GB, I agreed..But after reaching home, I noticed that all the apps are in SD ..:( Is there any good pre loaded app ? Also, I do not have PC suite. Is it necessary to get PC suite for India or something? I was not able to find the link for PC suite..Plz help..

Well, I was confused between the LG Optimus One P500 and Samsung Fit but with all these issues I think I should go ahead and buy Samsung Fit. OMG...I am too scared now....

@messi: U can download pc suite from the phone itself. Its in the phone. Check the usb storage option in phone & connect it to phone & download from phone.

messi4lyf said:
hello guys, I just bought LG O1 today...When I purchased, the sales boy told me to upgrade to 4GB, I agreed..But after reaching home, I noticed that all the apps are in SD ..:( Is there any good pre loaded app ? Also, I do not have PC suite. Is it necessary to get PC suite for India or something? I was not able to find the link for PC suite..Plz help..
Only the apk's are in memory card, apps are installed on phone only so you can easily change the card. I don't like any of them, all are waste.

PC suite's exe file should be there on the SD card. Anyways, i will recommend you to download latest version of the software from LG site (hardly matters which country).

mobile_user said:
Well, I was confused between the LG Optimus One P500 and Samsung Fit but with all these issues I think I should go ahead and buy Samsung Fit. OMG...I am too scared now....
What issues!?? LG O1 is the best phone in this (even 3-4k above) price range. A little issues will be there on every phone. My suggestion go with O1.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

techno_guy said:
O1 has 512 mb ram but in taskiller it shows max 270 available

Why so?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
With latest firmware, you should get around a max of 305 MB appx of free memory. Rest is taken up by the OS :)

techno_guy said:
O1 has 512 mb ram but in taskiller it shows max 270 available

Why so?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
Download some Application like - 'process widget monitor' and select the option in the UI to include all apps.. you can see the amount of RAM each running app uses - like messaging uses approx 20MB, so does the phone contact book and kinds..

thx guys for the replies....is there any good keyboard app for O1? also, on the lower portion of my tft i am seeing a dark shade...it seems to b a burned mark....:( any ideas??? TIA

^ Swype your way through. Its awesome :)

mobile_user said:
I've used the fit. sux. screen "looks" bigger but lacks pixel density. Most of LG's issues are sorted out. My phone is currently running super awesomely @ 800MHz. And batt lasts for roughly 2 days!!

messi4lyf said:
PC suite had crash issues last time i tried. Its a pain. Why exactly do you need it? You can backup/restore contacts either by syncing with gmail or exporting to sd card. You can use internet on comp by tethering

blueren said:
^ Swype your way through. Its awesome :)

I've used the fit. sux. screen "looks" bigger but lacks pixel density. Most of LG's issues are sorted out. My phone is currently running super awesomely @ 800MHz. And batt lasts for roughly 2 days!!

PC suite had crash issues last time i tried. Its a pain. Why exactly do you need it? You can backup/restore contacts either by syncing with gmail or exporting to sd card. You can use internet on comp by tethering
isn't swype still in beta ? is there any issue in installing beta?

any idea abt the screen ?? Is that an issue? Are we able to replace the piece if we want to ?
Is there any good media player that can play every thing like vlc available?

messi4lyf said:
isn't swype still in beta ? is there any issue in installing beta?

any idea abt the screen ?? Is that an issue? Are we able to replace the piece if we want to ?

Is there any good media player that can play every thing like vlc available?
Yes, swype is in beta but there are no bugs that I could find. You need to register at their website to download and install. Follow instructions there.

What about the screen?

Media player... for mp3, powerAmp is the best one out there. Especially its equalizers are awesome!

For videos, try mobo player. Plays any format thrown at it.

blueren said:
Yes, swype is in beta but there are no bugs that I could find. You need to register at their website to download and install. Follow instructions there.

What about the screen?

Media player... for mp3, powerAmp is tyre best one out there. Especially its equalizers are awesome!
For videos, try mobo player. Plays any format thrown at it.
Thanks dude,I have installed swype and now having fun...:) regarding tft display, when I did the lcd test, I noticed that whenever white display is there, the bottom portion of the display appears to be burned..it appears like a dark shade on the bottom...I need to check with another O1...also, all those tests results show fail ...:( any ideas??

Are you leaving your phone near a magnetic field? (although i doubt that a mag field has anything to do with the display). Or have you left it in a very hot spot? Like a car's dashboard maybe? I'd suggest you get it checked by the LG service guy... for all you know, it could be a defective piece.

blueren said:
Are you leaving your phone near a magnetic field? (although i doubt that a mag field has anything to do with the display). Or have you left it in a very hot spot? Like a car's dashboard maybe? I'd suggest you get it checked by the LG service guy... for all you know, it could be a defective piece.
I had placed near crt monitor, I don't think that will be the reason...may be this is a defective piece...will the service people replace the phone or only lcd? Any ideas?

Hi, I went to a shop and compared with an O1 there..that tft and mine are almost alike..so I believe there is no issue with the tft....

Today, I restarted the phone as it was stuck somehow...I guess Opera mini was not responding...I believe that a restart will stop all the programs...bt after the restart, I found that some of my apps in SD card was missing..that include opera mini,cam scanner,tubemate etc..Why those things disappeared ?Any1 having similar issue ?

Also, I am not able to set the wall paper from the stock file manager or astro ...when I chose the file manager to set the wall paper, it appears that process.com.cooliris...something..force close...Any1?

Flashed with Cyanogen mod 7(Release 6.2) by mik_os , experiencing shutdowns while playing games like angry birds, home run etc. Cannot figure out why this is happening.

Back