LG not keeping up with warranty promises

jammy420

Adept
I have a LG 32 inch 3D TV. It developed a streak on its panel. There is no external damage from our side. there are no scratches or frame . But LG service guys say the dmage is external. I have extended warranty till dec 2019.

Tried with their grievance team, which did not even bother to query the grievance properly. what is the next level of escalation? consumer court?

What do you mean by "streak" ? Post pics? Pixels dead? Yeah try to escalate a bit before going to courts etc...

WhatsApp Image 2017-09-13 at 5.13.19 PM.jpeg
[DOUBLEPOST=1505743339][/DOUBLEPOST]I need some escalation contacts to do that... Anyone in TE done that?

That unfortunately looks like physical damage. Internal damage to the panel/mobo etc. would have resulted in vertical or horizontal lines. The curved line looks like a chair or table hit the TV.

On sunday I observed the line was one finger long and it grown on its own over night... There are no scratches on the glass or frame. The line is internal and not on the glass

Yeah - good luck with that - this is a "my word against yours" kind of situation... Try to sweet talk LG into replacing it. Being confrontational they will claim you have damaged it by hitting/dropping something on it.[DOUBLEPOST=1505762366][/DOUBLEPOST]TV might have "twisted" during transportation - but if the problem was not there during installation - showed up later - how to convince LG...

I tried speaking to area service manager. It did not work out. TV was OK for past 1.9 years. I am not living with my parents. There was a minor service done in March 2017. My parents say there was a small streak after the service, but they ignored it. That would not hold water in negotiations

yeah - looks like a case of either side not believing the other side's words... tough luck... (i dunno - maybe move consumer court - mention the info in your last post above)...?[DOUBLEPOST=1505792156][/DOUBLEPOST]
My parents say there was a small streak after the service, but they ignored it. That would not hold water in negotiations

yeah - they should have been quick to catch/inform this at that time - but i can understand as i also have parents who are totally technology noobs.

yeah - looks like a case of either side not believing the other side's words... tough luck... (i dunno - maybe move consumer court - mention the info in your last post above)...?[DOUBLEPOST=1505792156][/DOUBLEPOST]

yeah - they should have been quick to catch/inform this at that time - but i can understand as i also have parents who are totally technology noobs.

+1. I would suggest to threaten consumer court.

Nope. The best thing you can do is negotiate for a lower price..I spoke with Area service manager. He was sure it was a physical damage and it would not be covered. He offered me 10k for the original price of 16k. I couldn't agree for it.. I gave a legal notice through a lawyer for 1k. LG called me up for a 3 way discussion along with the Area service manager. He again offered for 10k.

I was over ambitious that my legal path is working and demanded for 2k. On hindsight may be I could have asked for 5k-6k.. Since the discussion was not going anywhere , lg dropped the call and sent me a legal reply through their lawyer...

And it is possible there was a physical damage without our consciousness. My sisters kid also plays here often. Possible something would have hit.

Raking up an old post. Did this get resolved? Have an exact similar issue with LG and would like to know if they replaced your panel or any exchange was made.
pe

Thanks for the update. I have a 32inch LED as a secondary TV and somehow there is a very tiny crack towards the lower right hand corner. I am not sure how it came as there is no kids in my house. The room was kept locked for more than a week. Does this happen due to excessive heat in the room as all windows and doors were shut? I am not able to think anything that could have happened other than this. The TV has a month's warranty left.

It does looks a physical damage no matter even if it happened with some magic internally on its own. In practical scenario looks count.

I do remember my cordless hitting the scree
Nope. The best thing you can do is negotiate for a lower price..I spoke with Area service manager. He was sure it was a physical damage and it would not be covered. He offered me 10k for the original price of 16k. I couldn't agree for it.. I gave a legal notice through a lawyer for 1k. LG called me up for a 3 way discussion along with the Area service manager. He again offered for 10k.

I was over ambitious that my legal path is working and demanded for 2k. On hindsight may be I could have asked for 5k-6k.. Since the discussion was not going anywhere , lg dropped the call and sent me a legal reply through their lawyer...

And it is possible there was a physical damage without our consciousness. My sisters kid also plays here often. Possible something would have hit.

pe
Thanks for the update. I have a 32inch LED as a secondary TV and somehow there is a very tiny crack towards the lower right hand corner. I am not sure how it came as there is no kids in my house. The room was kept locked for more than a week. Does this happen due to excessive heat in the room as all windows and doors were shut? I am not able to think anything that could have happened other than this. The TV has a month's warranty left.
In my case I could recollect an incident after much contemplation later... My cordless slipped from my hand and hit the screen gently .. It is quite possible that was the reason as we do keep it near the TV or the kid.

Back