Budget 10-15K LG G2 via Ebay GEB worth it?

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I am looking to buy a new mobile for my wife. My budget is limited to 15k max. Main things I would be looking for are:
1. Fast and snappy performance with minimal lags
2. Decent camera (with flash), if not the best
3. Display around 5" max.
4. Good battery life

I came across the LG G2 32GB version that sells for Rs.15K odd on Ebay GEB. I understand there is no warranty, and the screen is slightly larger, but those I am ready to overlook.
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewI...GB-GSM-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-Brand-New-

So, can someone convince me that this is a good buy, especially at Rs.13.5K after Ebay coupon, or should I look at something else?
P.S: Only Androids please.

Well at that price its a nice deal, I think.

But still I think it would be better to get an S4 by adding around 3-4k extra, unless you are another person who hates Samsung.
Not a Samsung hater per se. Had the same dilemma, whether to go for S4 or not, but decided to stick to my budget for now. As such, S4 seems to offer just a few advantages over G2 - mainly removable battery and expandable storage.

My colleague bought a G2 from the same seller from US. Make sure the radio frequency is all you want and click buy.
4G won't work in India. Else everything's fine. Am going ahead with the purchase. :)

Get it. At 13.5k its a good deal.

Coming to phone, its compact one so 5.2 inch on this is 4.8/4.9 for others. Actually its size is same as S4. Battery is quite large and rating is good. I had shortlisted it when I was hunting for phones during last diwali.

Get it. At 13.5k its a good deal.

Coming to phone, its compact one so 5.2 inch on this is 4.8/4.9 for others. Actually its size is same as S4. Battery is quite large and rating is good. I had shortlisted it when I was hunting for phones during last diwali.
Order placed early today morning. Yeah, dimension-wise, it seems similar to s4 and the likes..

The same seller sells directly in the US at Rs.11,800/- approx, if you have someone who is travelling down to TN, it makes it more sweeter. Its also getting the promised 5.0.2 update too!
Too much hassle, finding someone traveling down and requesting them to carry one for me. If I had the time, I would do it that way, given that I have a couple of friends in US.. But I can't wait for much longer.

^ I would say the exact opposite. The display and features of LG G2 are far superior than that of S4.
S4s AMOLED has both burn-in and fading issue. Custom ROM availability is low - Exynos!!. Bezels are thicker.
G2 has a brilliant body to screen ratio - best in class even today, display might not be as vibrant as S4, but its colors are realistic and wont fade with time like AMOLED.
Being a sister phone of the Nexus 5 Custom ROM availability is good and getting better, Camera and OIS on G2 are better than S4.

So all in all, OP you made a better decision with G2 than the S4.

Totally agree on the OIS and screen to body ratio, but absolutely disagree on the other things. S4's display is in its own league and way superior than anything which was released back at that time. No one cares about how vibrant the display or how the colours pop out, I was talking about the realistic Movie mode (Adapt display, professional and dynamic don't count), and that's that.

I won't comment on LG's hybrid UI anyway.

Doesn't matter now does it? He liked the LG, he got it, done.

PS: Forgot to comment about the faded AMOLED thingy, :lol: Jeez some people!

The S4's Exynos chip is pretty crap though. Its cluster migration was pretty messed up and as far as i can recall. Hell my dad's G2 runs better than my shitty exynos S5 (Especially after the lollipop update)

S4s AMOLED has both burn-in and fading issue. Custom ROM availability is low - Exynos!!. Bezels are thicker.
Anyone who is used to the Samsung AMOLEDs will find most other displays dull and uninteresting. Even my old Galaxy S Advance has a display that appears good. However, I am not aware of burn in issues. Is it a problem even in mobile displays? I thought it was mostly limited to Plasma and LED TVs.
BTW, this phone is for my wife, so custom ROM availability was not a factor at all.

No one cares about how vibrant the display or how the colours pop out, I was talking about the realistic Movie mode (Adapt display, professional and dynamic don't count), and that's that.
Not aware of the display modes, and not sure how much of difference it makes. Still, budget was a big factor, and I couldn't afford to spend another 4K extra for the S4. At a sub 15K range, I found G2 to be the best bet. :)

Back