CPU/Mobo Lesser FPS in Games after Overclocking

Please help....
I have a AMD phenom X4 9550 with GA MA78GM S2H version 1.1 ( BIOS F7 )
Palit 4850 Sonic Edition GPU, 4 GB ram and Corsair VX450.

I have successfully overclocked my CPU to 2.6 Ghz stable but the problem is
now i m getting FPS drops in games like Resident Evil 5 and Farcry 2 rather than increased FPS.

I am not able to understand why this is happening. Please suggest a solution.

that means ur CPU is not stable at that Overclock...try upping the VCore(be careful though)...if the performance doesnt improve...then set it bak to default.

thx bro,,but i have already tried increasing the Vcore...

No help..In case of Prince of Persia 4 i have no gains,,, i even tried overclocking the GPU..I m using Windows 7 32 bit...

First check whether the cpu is stable at that speed using prine 95. rub it for atleast 5 hours.
Try and keep ram and nb speed closest to it's defaults and overclock just the cpu. Get to a stable overclock slowly. If it isn't stable try increasing vcore and keep temps in check. Reduce the clock speed and volts if temps aren't good.

what are the stock specs of your cpu ? if there was no bottleneck you wont see any more fps unless its a cpu hungry game . But you should see some fps gain with a gpu oc.

How much did you oc both by ? How are you testing for stability ?

thanks a lot guys..problem solved..:)
i increased the voltages on the northbridge, ram modules and the cpu,,,
Now i m seeing a FPS improvement of 3-4 FPS in games like POP4 and Farcry 2..
But i m not noticing any improvement in Resident Evil 5.

I m running @ 2.6 Ghz with 1.22 volts on the CPU.

^^ I agree with u about reducing the life of the components, but i thot that the processor was bottlenecking my 4850,,,,,,,,,,,,,so i overclocked..

Do u think that i m getting geting less FPS Improvements after overclocking compared to the stock speed of 2.2 Ghz...?

This mostly is to do with the overall overclock of system bus and memory. Disable overclocking all the components in line with the CPU. Overclock CPU alone and check the fps.

^^ please can u tell me how to overclock the CPU alone without overclocking the other components of the PC.......bcoz as far as i no the other components also get overclocked when u overclock the processor ...

My CPU multiplier is also locked at 11..so the stock speed is 200 X 11 = 2.2 Ghz...

i have increased the bus speed ( Default 200 ) to 235..so now my speed is 235 X 11 = 2.585 ~ 2.6 Ghz.....

If i increase the bus speed then along with it the RAM, HT link and the North bridge freq all get overclocked..so now wat to do if i have to overclock my processor alone leaving the other components at default.....???

Back