Android Lenovo Mobiles After Sales Service & Build quality is a Joke

swatkats

Skilled
Have been noticing this from Morning. Lenovo A6000, Does anyone has clue?
Should i visit the Service Center?

Got Hold of few.. Check pics below.

WAVYOD2.jpg

Last edited:
An update about After sales support of Lenovo Smartphones.

These are the events which happened:

30/03/15 - Purchased the phones
12/04/15 - Started noticing red lines on the screen.
13/04/15 - Gave it the to the HCL Service center who handle the After sales for lenovo. Promised me delivery of the phone within 7-8 days
20/04/15 - Called up, They say we are expecting shipment from noida by tomorrow evening
21/04/15 - We did not recieve lenovo shipment yet, we are expecting it by Thursday
23/04/15 - Expecting it by Friday evening 24/04.
24/04 - Sir Tomorrow, Saturday evening.
25/05 - Up on visiting them, Please come on Monday
Complained directly to lenovo customer care, They spoke to service center and even those guys bluffed lenovo people.
27/05 - Lenovo CC contacted service center and found out that the phone has arrived. Upon visiting them, they say please come tomorrow, its not yet repaired.

Cheap Build quality from Lenovo, After sales outsourced is even pathetic. Think twice before purchasing lenovo Smartphones.

I was about to register to buy a6000 + for my daughter . I guess redmi 2 it is . As my experience for redmi1s for my wife is great . Thanks dude for the heads up .

I was about to register to buy a6000 +.

The Service center i visited Four times and noticed they get a majority of OPO phones Followed by Xiaomi and Lenovo. Anyways, the problem with these brands is.. 1% of pieces manufactured most probably will visit Service center at least once in the warranty period.

File the complaint on their facebook page.
I already contacted Customer care which i believe manages the Social media. I am seeing NO use there, considering no Responses to complaints previously posted.

Got the phone today.

Well i thought i'll share experience of an person who came today with his 1 months old Lenovo Vibe X2. He bought it from flipkart 1 month back and started facing issues.

As phone was rebooting for No reasons and other technical problem that guy replaced the phone under 30 Day Exchange. Now even after getting his new phone, his phone worked hardly for 10 days and started to give problems.
The phone was heating like a Tawa and was not booting up. After that it is unable to Start or nor able to charge up the battery.

Today after speaking with that guy for like 20mins, He showed me the invoice and told me what kind of stupid phones, Lenovo builds.
The service centre person opened the phone saying water went inside the phone and was showing on the display, He insisted to open and show it because he was quite sure he hasn't dropped it anywhere.

The Service Center guy opened in front of him and told he cannot do anything about the display part because screen showed signs of water in it and actually there was not even a single drop of water anywhere, although he promised to change his board for the phone. Scenter guys says They need to take permission from Noida and replace which will take 10 days it seems.

That guy screamed and Regretted for buying an Lenovo phone. I pity him. :(

PS: The incident i've quoted is as it is.. I have no mala fide intention to Spread Negative talk about the brand.

The back panel of the new Lenovos is a joke. Seems thinner and weaker than paper. The back panel of a a7000 i have seen actually vibrates with sound creating an annoying noise.

I had very good impressions about Moto phones as well, untill i had to visit the SC for my moto e screen issues, 10 people in queue all had the same phone with almost similar problems.

That being said, i will also mention that moto e was one of the best phones i have ever purchased in regards to almost everything. It took time, but SC replaced my screen without any hassle.

The Service Center guy opened in front of him and told he cannot do anything about the display part because screen showed signs of water in it and actually there was not even a single drop of water anywhere, although he promised to change his board for the phone. Scenter guys says They need to take permission from Noida and replace which will take 10 days it seems.

Water damage is a scam started by Apple and being used by many mobile, tablet and laptop manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, Nokia, Sony, Dell and many others) these days. They all use some indicator strips which are supposed to change color when they absorb water. These are known to be highly unreliable as they change color even in a humid atmosphere. Then they use that to refuse warranty.

Yes. The indicator strip is a joke. Its like a regular nulla litmus paper used by kids in school. One of my science friend told how even in damp and humid environment these strips change colors and the end user falls to the tricks.:sour:

Wont believe but I have my selves change that litmus paper in my good old N86 and then gave it for repairs.!!!;)
Coz the service center wants the strips color to be bright white and no pinkish, red or even yellowish owing to which they will raise their hands and say "your phone got ceased its warranty"!!:rage:

Goodness no wonder if ever these people were doctor how would had they reacted on a urine pregnancy test kit for some wannabe pregnant??? Oh the color mark is slight red or no its isnt dark pinkish & all bullshit!!!:wacky:

Water damage is a scam started by Apple and being used by many mobile, tablet and laptop manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, Nokia, Sony, Dell and many others) these days. They all use some indicator strips which are supposed to change color when they absorb water. These are known to be highly unreliable as they change color even in a humid atmosphere. Then they use that to refuse warranty.

Only Apple can come up with a scam like this. high time someone nukes them.

I had very good impressions about Moto phones as well, untill i had to visit the SC for my moto e screen issues, 10 people in queue all had the same phone with almost similar problems.

That being said, i will also mention that moto e was one of the best phones i have ever purchased in regards to almost everything. It took time, but SC replaced my screen without any hassle.

What version of the phone you have and what was the issue?

Holy shit, this makes me glad i bought the Redmi 2 over the A6000 Plus.
My aunt's Redmi had a faulty GPS and i got it fixed within a week from their customer service centre nearby. Maybe i just got lucky

I have been using iphones for past many 6-7 years. warranty is one of the main reasons i buy the iphone. I have replaced at least 5-6 times in the last few years. Never ever faced any problems with the replacement. usually the replacement is provided in 2-3 days time. Many times i have kept iphone in the upper shirt pocket while riding in rain, not on purpose but by mistake. Never seen the indicator strip color change. I mean the couple of Indicators which can be seen without opening the phone. Have got ipad also replaced few times and never faced any problem. My first ipad was replaced because of very very minor ghosting on the screen, i am sure other brand service center would not even acknoledged the problem. Just stating my experience with the apple after sales.

Back